Repair Dizzy V4 Silver 3

I see one point of your post entails inquiry into the proper procedure if any in reporting possible bugs which sounds legit.

However, I think you misread guitarnerdswe regarding "repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads", ...he was referring to what he DID himself in the past ...not necessarily actually applying to you.....(maybe the repeating part 😉) His “banging” reference may have sounded a bit harsh but I don’t think he meant any insult.

I’d post in the last fw release thread and/or new fw beta release threads myself.
This is already written in all the firmware release notes threads since the beta which implemented this Diezel amp by several users.
I posted it in the current release notes thread,
so guitarnerdswe wrote that I would „banging“ everywhere.
(And right before repeating, he wrote "what you are doing". ;))

I would like to address this in the right place and describe it completely so that it can be dealt with.
When you raise problems, you are quickly insulted by other users (not by the FAS people).
This is another reason why I would like to address this in a place where it is expected.

And it's no fun to report problems (but in the end the device will be better for EVERYONE).

And this my friends is why I am still on FW 15 till ALL the bugs are worked out.
This is a very reasonable strategy if you use the device professionally.

But Cygnus sounds really good and the feeling is much more real,
so I don't really want to go back.

(And rather here reasonably describe my problem so that it can be processed)

This is already written in all the firmware release notes threads since the beta which implemented this Diezel amp by several users.
I posted it in the current release notes thread,
so guitarnerdswe wrote that I would „banging“ everywhere.
(And right before repeating, he wrote "what you are doing". ;))

I would like to address this in the right place and describe it completely so that it can be dealt with.
When you raise problems, you are quickly insulted by other users (not by the FAS people).
This is another reason why I would like to address this in a place where it is expected.

And it's no fun to report problems (but in the end the device will be better for EVERYONE).
I report problems regardless if anyone likes it or not. And I always stand corrected if the problem is on my end and not fw.

I do however search the archives for answers first and if I don't find any ...I'll post.

FAS and it's forum members are 2nd to none in helping solving issues and tweaking!

guitarnerdswe is correct in that FAS is all over these forums keeping an ear out for problems and bugs.

I hope your problem is quickly resolved either way.

I am well aware, and I have never questioned this, that FAS has an open ear for problems in this forum.

In modern software development you typically have a backlog of tasks and work through them depending on prioritization.
But i don't have a feeling how high the prioritization is at FAS on this problem as it is existing a while,
so of course this is also a place where many users should comment "+1" who like the VH4 Channel 3 and want it fixed.

The Problem exists since the first release of Cygnus and was also reported there (and in each following release):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...sion-16-00-cygnus.172270/page-24#post-2082134
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...sion-16-00-cygnus.172270/page-25#post-2082199

And now please no "bangling" or "repeating a wish" complaints or references to https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-the-wish-list.146251/,
this also helps FAS to correctly assess the importance of the amp for the users respectively the problem.
This is not about a wish and I am far from the only one who hears the problem.

Test sound and gain structure yourself with Preset 70 "Dizzy VH4" Scenes Channel 2 to Channel 4 !!!

PS: And then write "+1" in this thread if you want the amp to be fixed !!!!

Last edited:
The problem is mentioned by several people in every Cygnus release notes thread,
including the current one:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ease-version-16-05.174628/page-3#post-2118525
and there is another thread where it is discussed.

Cliff certainly knows about it.

And guitarnerdswe was actually displeased about it
(https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/repair-dizzy-v4-silver-3.174633/#post-2119465),
that I referenced Cliff directly and asked for a response.
Seriously, give it break. You're acting like a child.

I'll never get the time spent reading this thread back :( Therefore.

Reminds me of a joke a Computer Science instructor shared with the class.

Q: How many developers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None. That's a hardware problem. Wrong department.

Perhaps a clear, concise, readily-available Customer Service Level Agreement, or a similar communication matrix, is a solution. At the least a formal SLA, including contact and escalation points, would ease Peromustejn, wolk and others' minds.

---
"Seriously, there is no way Cliff or FAS isn't aware of this wish/bug report. So you don't need to keep banging on about this.
I go all the way back to the old Standard/Ultra forums. Trust me, FAS is aware of your request. If it's a bug, it'll be fixed. If not, then it'll most likely stay the same.
FAS and Cliff are extremely busy. Direct responses in the forum from them should be seen as privilege, not a must.
You know what Cliff told me when I got a reply directly from him? "Heard you the first time".
Back away from the keyboard for bit, maybe?
-The process is as follows:
Start a thread in the Axe-Fx III Wish List forum with the Wish prefix
Wait
Maybe you'll get a response from someone at Fractal. Maybe you won't."
---
does not.

Side note: I don't trust anybody that says, "Trust me."

Side note: I don't trust anybody that says, "Trust me."
Love these little language things! ya "Trust me" spoken in a commanding tone would seem to say, "you must trust me regardless of any evidence that I can be trusted".

My other favourites are: "honestly...", "truthfully...", "truth be told...", etc which suggest the speaker normally speaks untruthfully but is making an exception in this case. For a long time now, whenever someone says "but honestly, bla bla" I can't get it out of my head that they may be full of it.

Just figures of speech and don't really speak to the honesty of a person overall I guess, but I try to stay away from those type terms.

Interesting

Anyway...back to regularly scheduled programming...

Back
Top Bottom