Repair Dizzy V4 Silver 3

Just to show, that we not complain about the "my amp sounds different from your amp" problem,
because the VH4 Channel 3 sound was better and close to the original in older Axe FX firmware releases and
the current sound is a big difference.
Something in the current parameter set for Channel 3 must be wrong.

Leon's Diezel sound tutorial from 2018 (with the Axe Fx VH4 Channel 3 sound at that time before Cygnus):

Hello @FractalAudio Cliff, Hello @yek Alexander,

how can we move this problem from the wish list to a bug review list?
So that the process is started, someone looks at the issue,
classifies it as "is ok as is" or "needs to be worked on" and moves it to a ToDo list.

It makes no sense and is not a reasonable way for you,
if the user has to complain about problems in the release notes threads continuously with many many many many posts.

In the case of the JP2 in Cygnus, this behaviour has led to success and improved the implementation.
In behavioral research, however, there is a law: "Once a rat has discovered our grain sack, we can count on its return" [Edwin Guthrie 1920s],
so we should start to find reasonable ways to do it.

We realize that your resources are limited and we also waited for 5 Cygnus subversions to address the problem more clearly now.

I don't think Cliff reads every post in the Release Notes thread.
The entry is also not in the master wish list (where it does not belong as a "potential bug").
I'm not sure that erroneous entries in the wish list are automatically transferred into a potential bug list.
Perhaps they are also discarded as "not a meaningful wish".

Also, I'm not sure if Cliff considers the Axe FX sound of the VH4 Ch 3 as a bug either.
I could only be sure if I can look it up somewhere.

Alexander has solved the traceability of the wishes with the wish list here and the closing of the threads here also well with the possibilities of this forum.

I'm not banging about anything.
I ask questions to improve the process and make the status more transparent to anyone,
to avoid the "real" banging.

This problem was reported with the first beta releases of Cygnus and confirmed again in every release notes thread.
I myself have waited over 10 versions long and think only since 16.05 that you have to do something so that Cliff becomes aware of it.

Last edited:
I don't think Cliff reads every post in the Release Notes thread.
The entry is also not in the master wish list (where it does not belong as a "potential bug").
I'm not sure that erroneous entries in the wish list are automatically transferred into a potential bug list.
Perhaps they are also discarded as "not a meaningful wish".

Also, I'm not sure if Cliff considers the Axe FX sound of the VH4 Ch 3 as a bug either.
I could only be sure if I can look it up somewhere.

Alexander has solved the traceability of the wishes with the wish list here and the closing of the threads here also well with the possibilities of this forum.

I'm not banging about anything.
I ask questions to improve the process and make the status more transparent to anyone,
to avoid the "real" banging.

This problem was reported with the first beta releases of Cygnus and confirmed again in every release notes thread.
I myself have waited over 10 versions long and think only since 16.05 that you have to do something so that Cliff becomes aware of it.
I go all the way back to the old Standard/Ultra forums. Trust me, FAS is aware of your request. If it's a bug, it'll be fixed. If not, then it'll most likely stay the same.

FAS and Cliff are extremely busy. Direct responses in the forum from them should be seen as privilege, not a must.

I wrote to Alexander and Cliff, because their threads are pinned in this forum and
they (at least Alexander) appear as owner for this forum.

And I don't expect a direct answer from Cliff like "will be fixed with version ..." but
the answer from an admin "If you want us to check the issue, then it has to be addressed at that point and then it won't get lost, but will be worked on sometime" and "There you will find if it ended up in the ToDo backlog and will be worked on sometime." (a kind of Open Issues List with accepted problems)

I always write,
that I don't know any meaningful process here, report "potential bugs" for analysis and
that this forum is the wrong place for it.

Here @guitarnerdswe you could really help and explain me the official procedure, which I will then of course follow,
instead of just complaining about my approach, but not telling me how to do it better.
Where did you check that FAS is aware of this problem?
The info if this is considered a bug and will be fixed at some point helps yes.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I wrote to Alexander and Cliff, because their threads are pinned in this forum and
they (at least Alexander) appear as owner for this forum.

And I don't expect a direct answer from Cliff like "will be fixed with version ..." but
the answer from an admin "If you want us to check the issue, then it has to be addressed at that point and then it won't get lost, but will be worked on sometime" and "There you will find if it ended up in the ToDo backlog and will be worked on sometime." (a kind of Open Issues List with accepted problems)

I always write,
that I don't know any meaningful process here, report "potential bugs" for analysis and
that this forum is the wrong place for it.

Here @guitarnerdswe you could really help and explain me the official procedure, which I will then of course follow,
instead of just complaining about my approach, but not telling me how to do it better.
Where did you check that FAS is aware of this problem?
The info if this is considered a bug and will be fixed at some point helps yes.

Thank you!
Experience tells me that they're aware. They check the forums much more often than they reply (also easy to see on their activity). Being a member on the forums and part of this wonderful community for 15 years (give or take), checking in here several times a day, I'm familiar with how stuff works around here. So are other long time members as well.

I too have done what you are doing (repating a wish/request) in different threads, starting new threads etc. You know what Cliff told me when I got a reply directly from him? "Heard you the first time". They do check the firmware threads, they do check the wish list and bug report.

Contact support if you still doubt that they have seen your wish/request. This is not an official support forum. If you want/need a reply, use CS.

The content here is about an amp popular in the high gain faction,

which no longer sounds authentic since Cygnus.

You write nothing about this in terms of content.

I asked questions about the tracking and ticketing issue that you don't answer for me.

You also don't try to help me, which is what almost everyone does and why I appreciate this community too.

Instead, you try to reprimand me („keep banging“, „repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads“, …) , 

although I have written in sum only 5 messages in the last 2 years (!!!) before our superfluous dialogue,

did not start any thread about this topic,
waited almost 10 firmware subversions after the first report before writing anything and
have explained in each case why I write them.

May I ask what your intent is, in what role you are acting in this thread, and why you are attacking me in this thread?

Somehow you think you have to defend someone and now you try to shoot me first:

I don't want to attack anyone here,
everyone at FAS is doing a very good job,
I love my Axe FX III and
I am happy that Cliff implements so many great features and is of course very busy with it
(and I have never written anything else).

I (and some others too) just want to play our beloved Channel 3 of VH4 again instead of fighting cockfights here.

Now, put your gun back away and

let's continue to discuss substantively on the topic of the problem or the proper approach to addressing it,
where I have said everything I have to say about it and
wait until someone answers substantively.

May I ask what your intent is, in what role you are acting in this thread, and why you are attacking me in this thread?
No one is attacking. Back away from the keyboard for bit, maybe?

The process is as follows:

• Start a thread in the Axe-Fx III Wish List forum with the Wish prefix
  • Wait

Maybe you'll get a response from someone at Fractal. Maybe you won't.

Usually someone will update the prefix if it gets fixed in a future firmware. Or if it gets rejected and won't be done.

Accept that is how it is and you'll have a much easier time with things.

Thanks for the answer Ian.

I didn't realize that you have to add "potential bugs" (although that is a real one) to the wish list as well,
because it's a bug and not a wish.
so I asked for the right procedure
(and now also got a valid answer).
And I'm not the only one, as you can see.

I don't want to put too much pressure on it,
I just want to set the request in the right place, so that it will be processed.

I know that Cliff doesn't like non-accurate amps on "his" modeler,
so I'm not at all worried that this won't be improved if he knows that.
In the other threads, there was always additional discussion of Channel 2 and the implementation of the Bright switch for Channel 2,
so I wasn't sure if Channel 3 would also being investigated by Cliff.

What bothered me about the colleague was that he accused me of ("keep banging", "repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads", ...),
which is not true,
so I felt that as an attack, even if it was certainly not intended that way.

The content here is about an amp popular in the high gain faction,

which no longer sounds authentic since Cygnus.

You write nothing about this in terms of content.

I asked questions about the tracking and ticketing issue that you don't answer for me.

You also don't try to help me, which is what almost everyone does and why I appreciate this community too.

Instead, you try to reprimand me („keep banging“, „repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads“, …) , 

although I have written in sum only 5 messages in the last 2 years (!!!) before our superfluous dialogue,

did not start any thread about this topic,
waited almost 10 firmware subversions after the first report before writing anything and
have explained in each case why I write them.

Somehow you think you have to defend someone and now you try to shoot me first:

I don't want to attack anyone here,
everyone at FAS is doing a very good job,
I love my Axe FX III and
I am happy that Cliff implements so many great features and is of course very busy with it
(and I have never written anything else).

I (and some others too) just want to play our beloved Channel 3 of VH4 again instead of fighting cockfights here.

Now, put your gun back away and

let's continue to discuss substantively on the topic of the problem or the proper approach to addressing it,
where I have said everything I have to say about it and
wait until someone answers substantively.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-the-wish-list.146251/

I'm respectfully out.

You can post it as a thread in the Axe-Fx III forum if you’d prefer to report it as big there. No other change to the process.
Thanks Ian.

I am used to Jira tickets and
get every time an explanation
why the problem can't be handled in a meaningful way,
if the ticket is not completely filled out and assigned to the right group via the right process in the right phase,

so I trust you now that the world works here also simpler and without complicated processes

and do not open another thread. ;)

Thanks for the answer Ian.

I didn't realize that you have to add "potential bugs" (although that is a real one) to the wish list as well,
because it's a bug and not a wish.
so I asked for the right procedure
(and now also got a valid answer).
And I'm not the only one, as you can see.

I don't want to put too much pressure on it,
I just want to set the request in the right place, so that it will be processed.

I know that Cliff doesn't like non-accurate amps on "his" modeler,
so I'm not at all worried that this won't be improved if he knows that.
In the other threads, there was always additional discussion of Channel 2 and the implementation of the Bright switch for Channel 2,
so I wasn't sure if Channel 3 would also being investigated by Cliff.

What bothered me about the colleague was that he accused me of ("keep banging", "repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads", ...),
which is not true,
so I felt that as an attack, even if it was certainly not intended that way.

I see one point of your post entails inquiry into the proper procedure if any in reporting possible bugs which sounds legit.

However, I think you misread guitarnerdswe regarding "repeating a wish/request in different threads and starting new threads", ...he was referring to what he DID himself in the past ...not necessarily actually applying to you.....(maybe the repeating part 😉) His “banging” reference may have sounded a bit harsh but I don’t think he meant any insult.

I’d post in the last fw release thread and/or new fw beta release threads myself.

Back
Top Bottom