Wish Rename the blocks/scenes

I really think the OP just wanted to rename the scene footswitch blocks on the screen, which would be 3 characters.

So 3,072 (FX8) or 12,288 (AX8), and the Axe-Fx is somewhat irrelevant to the discussion because there aren't any footswitches built-in to the Axe-Fx.

This wishlist thread isn't so much about naming the scenes themselves, which would also apply to the Axe-Fx. It's about the ability to customize the footswitch names, which is something we see with MIDI foot controllers from RJM, LiquidFoot, Morningstar, etc.

This wishlist thread isn't so much about naming the scenes themselves, which would also apply to the Axe-Fx. It's about the ability to customize the footswitch names, which is something we see with MIDI foot controllers from RJM, LiquidFoot, Morningstar, etc.
since the footswitches on the AX8 and FX8 are part of the "brain," i'd say it's really the same thing. they'd have to develop a way to discreetly name each Scene's Footswitch display differently in each preset. that's pretty much naming the Scenes at that point. where else would the result of naming a Scene be displayed?

I was just hoping for the ability to change of the names on the pedals, not scenes. Something like "TS9" or "SHIM". Sometimes I run doubles and it can get hairy... :) It would be neat in the editor if when you select say "Effect one/ Effect two" you would see another menu pop out for tagging the effect name appropriate to it's pedal/emulation.

Last edited:
since the footswitches on the AX8 and FX8 are part of the "brain," i'd say it's really the same thing. they'd have to develop a way to discreetly name each Scene's Footswitch display differently in each preset. that's pretty much naming the Scenes at that point. where else would the result of naming a Scene be displayed?

I'm not sure you understand what we're asking. Instead of "DRV" displayed on the effect block, I want to see "TS9" or "SD1" etc. I want to know, at a glance, what brand/model of effect is assigned to a block, not just it's type. My scene name won't tell me that.

I'm not sure you understand what we're asking. Instead of "DRV" displayed on the effect block, I want to see "TS9" or "SD1" etc. I want to know, at a glance, what brand/model of effect is assigned to a block, not just it's type. My scene name won't tell me that.
i absolutely do understand. and i think those 3 letters added to the little block image would be exactly the same as naming Scenes, except now it's more involved because in addition to just 8 Scenes per preset, it's any of the blocks available too.

do note that the name of the thread is "Rename the blocks/scenes" - so the OP did want Scenes too.

But this is what we want or wish we want done. Instead of drv, we wanna see ocd. Drv to tim.
I could also wish to change scene 1 to rhythm, scene 2 to lead.
Or preset 1 to clean, preset 2 to heavy-distorted-melodramatic-awesomeness-of-a-sound. Hopefully you get our point.

i absolutely do understand. and i think those 3 letters added to the little block image would be exactly the same as naming Scenes, except now it's more involved because in addition to just 8 Scenes per preset, it's any of the blocks available too.

do note that the name of the thread is "Rename the blocks/scenes" - so the OP did want Scenes too.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "those 3 letters added to the little block image would be exactly the same as naming Scenes". Exactly the same in what sense? Programmatically or functionally? Functionally it's very different because a scene label and block label are two different things. A scene would be labeled "Lead", "Crunch" etc where the block would say "OCD". If you mean programmatically then that's behind the scenes stuff, not really our concern. We just want a yes or no this will be done in a future release.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "those 3 letters added to the little block image would be exactly the same as naming Scenes". Exactly the same in what sense? Programmatically or functionally? Functionally it's very different because a scene label and block label are two different things. A scene would be labeled "Lead", "Crunch" etc where the block would say "OCD". If you mean programmatically then that's behind the scenes stuff, not really our concern. We just want a yes or no this will be done in a future release.
Yes! That works for me.

Back
Top Bottom