Rename EMPTY User Cab

Brad Wilson

Hello everyone,
Long time lurker here. So I just captured 8 user IR's and didn't name them, because I thought I could after the process was over. Is there any way I can rename them now? I've tried in Axe-Edit and it won't let me. Any ideas?

From memory, you should be able to rename cabs in Axe Edit through the Tools -> Manage Cabs menu, then right clicking on the appropriate cab and choosing Rename (but I'm not in front of Axe Edit so I may have that slightly wrong.....)

From memory, you should be able to rename cabs in Axe Edit through the Tools -> Manage Cabs menu, then right clicking on the appropriate cab and choosing Rename (but I'm not in front of Axe Edit so I may have that slightly wrong.....)
Unfortunately since I never renamed it when I did the IR (STUPID, STUPID!) I can't rename it in Axe-Edit ugh!

It happened to me a while ago, but I can´t remember exactly how I solved it.

I think I exported the cab block, and renamed it on my mac. Then I imported that again to axe.

But I´m not sure, it was a couple of months ago. All I can say is that it can be solved. LOL

It happened to me a while ago, but I can´t remember exactly how I solved it.

I think I exported the cab block, and renamed it on my mac. Then I imported that again to axe.

But I´m not sure, it was a couple of months ago. All I can say is that it can be solved. LOL
Ugh, so roundabout haha. I ended up just recapturing the IR's. I didn't want to screw around with it any more than I already had, plus I had to take the cab back to my friend. They sound great though!

I'm at work right now, can't upload any at the moment, but will this weekend! In the mean time, if anyone wants to try out the IRs, I zipped them and attached it to this post along with a photo of "Stonehenge" as we call it haha. Let me know what you think!

dZswbgT.jpg

Attachments

• Mesa1x12RectoIRs.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks man, I'll give them a try!

I count 9 files....bonus?
That's correct! There's center, off center 1/2-way to the edge, edge, and off center-off axis for both SM57 and Sennheiser e609. Then a 1/2-way off center of an MXL condenser I stumbled upon while doing this for fun. Enjoy!

Hi guys,

I shot some bass IR's of my Eden cabs a while ago and I didn't named the files as I did a list of what I shot on paper. Any of you finally figure it out how to do it after the fact when all your Ir's named empty?

Reshooting is not a option for me as I no longer have Matrix power amp. I downloaded Sysex librarbian, though it looks it doesn't change anything.. And If I rename the IR's on my mac it's still showing up in Axe Edit as empty.

You can rename them in Axe-Edit's Cab Manager or in Cab-Lab.

Apparently I can't, I already tried it in cab manager. That's why I asking about it. And cab lab lite is not supporting .syx files. Do you know how to covert to .IR file?

Click on the 'Tools' tab, select Axe-Manage Cabs, go to the IR that you want to rename, 'right' click to see the drop-down menu, select 'rename', type in the new name, hit enter..... repeat for the other IRs. Make sure to hit 'Save' (bottom right of screen) when you are finished.

Click on the 'Tools' tab, select Axe-Manage Cabs, go to the IR that you want to rename, 'right' click to see the drop-down menu, select 'rename', type in the new name, hit enter..... repeat for the other IRs. Make sure to hit 'Save' (bottom right of screen) when you are finished.

Thanks Moke, I know how to rename the Ir's the ones that have been named other than "EMPTY". The problem is that when you import the IR named Into cab manage any slot the rename function is grey'ed out! - you can't change anything. As I said before I changed their name on my mac though when i import them into cab manage they still showing with the name "EMPTY" and rename is not possibleScreen Shot 2017-08-20 at 10.21.23.png
Is there any other ways to do it?

perhaps try saving while it says "empty" and then go back, rename and save again?

I tried to export preset cab bundle and reimport nothing changes - doesn't let me to rename Ir in cab manage anyway. The only kind of workaround I found that I can save cabs in block library and give the names over there so i can see which Ir is which from library, though in cab manage Ir names still stays the same "Empty"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom