Removing Top End Fizz

The FIRST thing you should tell us is what your signal chain is from the guitar to your speakers (and what speakers they are)
If you use SPDIF and your sample rate is set to 44, its FIZZ CITY, and its the only time i've ever had FIZZ on an AXE FX
And as for this tip i saw "..Maybe try cutting above 2k in the Global EQ?.." DON'T DO THAT unless you want a woolly tone that sux.

if you have power amp modeling on try dropping the high freq curve some, but if youre using cheapo monitors theres a good chance theyre the weak links in the chain. does music being played through them sound fizzy too?

Hi Brownmatthall, the monitors don't some fizzy when playing music. Right now I did a 4CM method to my tube amp and cab. The fizz was gone in most cases. I'll take a closer look at this once I'll be doing some recording with proper monitors and watch out for the frequencies the kind posters have advised.

The FIRST thing you should tell us is what your signal chain is from the guitar to your speakers (and what speakers they are)
If you use SPDIF and your sample rate is set to 44, its FIZZ CITY, and its the only time i've ever had FIZZ on an AXE FX
And as for this tip i saw "..Maybe try cutting above 2k in the Global EQ?.." DON'T DO THAT unless you want a woolly tone that sux.

Hi Rexxyboy,

My chain with the fizz is as follows:

Gibson LP -> Axe FX 2 mk 2 -> Output L and R -> L and R channel of a Samson Monitor that I saw lying around the house.

I think the culprit is the monitors. I tried playing around with other full range stereo speakers I have here and some don't have the fizz. I'll probably need to buy a decent pair of monitors but until I get those, I'll just stick with my 4CM setup right now.

I think the culprit is the monitors. I tried playing around with other full range stereo speakers I have here and some don't have the fizz. I'll probably need to buy a decent pair of monitors but until I get those, I'll just stick with my 4CM setup right now.

Can you record and post a sample? I'd be interested to know if I can hear it through my monitors.

Can you record and post a sample? I'd be interested to know if I can hear it through my monitors.

Hi Jason and Lionheart,

Wow!!! Thanks for the kind offer to help me out early on my Axe Fx experience. Really amazed how helpful you guys are. I think I really need to get proper monitors though before I can start recording stuff. Problem is, I'm enjoying the tones coming out of my 4CM setup so much that I can barely convince myself to move on with the recording preps.

Once I get "decent" monitors, I'll definitely send you guys a line. :) Which is another challenge here in the Philippines. Everything costs twice as much in retail. I am planning to get a pair yamaha HS7's or HS8's but that would require a trip to Singapore or Hong Kong as that would still be cheaper than if I was to get it locally. There's a selling a pair of Tannoy Reveal 402. Would that a decent monitor. I can't seem to find anyone mentioning about it in a thread on reference monitors.

Back
Top Bottom