Implemented Removing frameworks from Feed thru blocks in Editor (see Picture)

For people who already know the Axe interface, a “blockless” shunt would be fairly easy to get used to. But for people who are new, they’d have to learn that these two pieces of identical-looking wire are not the same, and need to be handled differently. That’s another hurdle to get over when learning the box.

I still think we need to see the Shunts somehow. It would confuse many to add a Shunt from the block inventory menu then not see it.
I agree. I prefer a clean look but the Shunts are important to visualize. I vote to have the option to change how it looks. I would use the blocks when setting up the preset then switch to lines to tweak the blocks.

Shunt block has a frame until it's connected to another block, then frame goes away and becomes a cable. Frame indicates termination point or processing unit
I was just looking at this also and was going to post the same thing. I think this would be a great way to have it work. Once connected to something, it's a cable. Otherwise, it shows up as normal. That way if you disconnect a bunch of shunts, they will re-appear so you know they are there.

Totally love the idea, I agree that the best option to keep everyone happy would be the "Set shunt's outer frame opacity: 0% 25% 50% 100%" proposal, keeping the highlighting when hovering over with the cursor.

I'm probably stupid, but what's the functional difference between a cable and a shunt?
A cable connects blocks - it is only a connector between blocks.

A shunt IS a block. It takes the place of an empty block to serve a similar purpose to a cable.

Both are essentially a virtual cable that pass signal through the grid... But the grid paradigm doesn't allow audio signal through an empty block.

Cables in this paradigm only connect between blocks. The shunt serves the purpose of eliminating an empty grid space with a cable that is also a block.

I'm probably stupid, but what's the functional difference between a cable and a shunt?
a Shunt is the blank box that can pass signal through. used for spacing things out or other advanced layout arrangements.

a Cable is the small line that connects blocks together. those need to be present to pass signal from block to block.

The proposed "Frameless" Shunts would still have the 'cable' running through the block, as well as the lighter color inside of the box (if kept?). Doesn't seem confusing to me at all?

For reference.......
Frameless Shunts.png

EDIT.... I actually like it better with the inside of the box unaltered.

Still easily visible, but much cleaner looking IMHO. I would also like to see this adopted in the hardware.
Frameless Shunts 2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom