Implemented Removing frameworks from Feed thru blocks in Editor (see Picture)

Definitely cleaner visually. I'm fine with the view as is, but if it's not a major programming hassle, it'd be great to at least have the option.

Yes, much better visually ... the outlined boxes don't add any more information than the lines ... would be an improvement IMO.

To be clear, I was mostly responding to the statement that “shunts are the lines connecting blocks.” They are not.

Shunts factually are the “outlines blocks.” The lines connecting blocks are Connectors.

I still think we need to see the Shunts somehow. It would confuse many to add a Shunt from the block inventory menu then not see it.

still think we need to see the Shunts somehow. It would confuse many to add a Shunt from the block inventory menu then not see it.

I think OP is advocating for keeping the interior of the shunt box as is ("the wire") but hiding (or dimming) the outlines.

Perhaps @Michael Pickens could implement something like "shunt box opacity": 100%, 50%, 25%, 0% and users can choose. And also highlighting the box when cursor hovers over it in grid view.

I think OP is advocating for keeping the interior of the shunt box as is ("the wire") but hiding (or dimming) the outlines.

Perhaps @Michael Pickens could implement something like "shunt box opacity": 100%, 50%, 25%, 0% and users can choose. And also highlighting the box when cursor hovers over it in grid view.
Understood. But looking at the example photo that shows no outline, this is a bit too extreme I think.

Maybe I'm weird, but just the lines seems really intuitive to me, like a wire connecting the blocks on either side.

But none of this is super important to me.

Maybe I'm weird, but just the lines seems really intuitive to me, like a wire connecting the blocks on either side.

But none of this is super important to me.
Keep in mind that there are "cables" (aka, "wires") and there are shunts.

A cable connects blocks - it is only a connector between blocks.

A shunt IS a block. It takes the place of an empty block to serve a similar purpose to a cable.

The difference is subtle... but there is a difference.

Keep in mind that there are "cables" (aka, "wires") and there are shunts.

A cable connects blocks - it is only a connector between blocks.

A shunt IS a block. It takes the place of an empty block to serve a similar purpose to a cable.

The difference is subtle... but there is a difference.
"similar purpose" is right :)

Really don't see how they're could be any confusion, but I guess is have to see it in action.

I agree. Seeing the wires is enough information for me to know what's going on. The boxes just add visual confusion and makes it harder to see both the wires and the actual blocks.
New user fires up his new Axe-Fx and wonders why he can't connect two blocks. Answer: "Because you need a Shunt block there, not a wire."

New user: "How come that looks exactly like a wire?"
If Edit 3 works the same as older products, you would click the right side of the first block, which gives you the little + handle. Edit shows you all the places you can connect it to - you click one of them and it connects directly, wherever it is on the grid. You don't literally have to click multiple times to connect to 4 "shunt blocks" to get to something 5 columns away, do you?

If Edit 3 works the same as older products, you would click the right side of the first block, which gives you the little + handle. Edit shows you all the places you can connect it to - you click one of them and it connects directly, wherever it is on the grid. You don't literally have to click multiple times to connect to 4 "shunt blocks" to get to something 5 columns away, do you?
You don't... But that's because the editor automatically inserts shunt blocks for you.

The challenge is (as I'm sure you know) that you can't pass audio thru an empty block.

The grid paradigm kind of forces this model.

It looks great to me. If people are going to get caught up on "now i cant tell the difference between a connector and a shunt", well bear in mind a single connector is only so long and you cant have several connectors adjacent to eachother, so there are obviously shunts in there, its not just one long connector. Also the axe-edit display is grey, with black rectangles where the blocks go. I cant understand how anybody could get confused between the connectors and shunts in this environment.

If it really is a problem, maybe make the line through the shunt a little thicker?

Back
Top Bottom