Removing AX8 Feet for Velcro?

Here is what I got from the local hardware store for the board I am building.

Capture.JPG

Only one end had a hole, so I drilled the other side for the screw into the board.

Last edited:
Absolutely, hence 'At the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what u do with your board - do what works best for you dude :)'
I simply have a hard time with advice that is in direct contradiction of the manufacturer. I would not want anyone to follow any advice and damage their gear regardless of my, or other's, personal experience.

Take a wooden yard stick. Cut two pieces. Put Velcro on them and stick them to the bottom. Leave the feet on.

Maybe is not my business, and maybe you will laugh about it.
But what I did, was I put a Piece of wood, the same height as the height of the AX8 feet, under the unit; I past it with velcro. At the other side of the piece of wood I put velcro as well, in this way I could hook it on my pedalboard. It stays pretty well.
So I didnt have to remove the feet or the screws, and the wood I can take it away any time I want.

Take a wooden yard stick. Cut two pieces. Put Velcro on them and stick them to the bottom. Leave the feet on.
What also works well is a slat out of a window shade (the plastic kind). Used those on my M-13 stuck for YEARS no problems.

What screws should be used for us who remove the screws and attach the AX8 to a templeboard, i.e. without velcro?

What screws should be used for us who remove the screws and attach the AX8 to a templeboard, i.e. without velcro?

Not sure, I just used dual lock to mount it on mine and have had no issues with it. Sorry if that is not helpful but I struggle to see the point in those plates, and wouldn't trust them not to come unstuck.

Not sure, I just used dual lock to mount it on mine and have had no issues with it. Sorry if that is not helpful but I struggle to see the point in those plates, and wouldn't trust them not to come unstuck.
Tried 2 sets of 4 of those Temple made plates and couldn't get them to work with the AX8. Came unstuck both times. Wound up using screws and homemade brackets. If I were doing it again, I'd go with dual lock velcro. Plates have been great on wireless receivers and probably work well with pedals, though.

How many plates did you use and what size ?
I had mine mounted on my Templeboard with 5 large plates fo about eight months without any issues.
Did you let the plates "settle" before you used the board.
The only thing I worry about, is how to get them off my AX if I decide goin' back to my hardcase setup !:D
Only used 4. Just seemed like it did not lay flat enough against the board so the plates were "stressed." I can see how a fifth might have helped. I think they come off relatively easy so you should be okay if you have to remove them. Some of that "Goof Off" stuff will take the adhesive off pretty quickly.

I say don't use velcro at all. IF you are using a plywood-bottom pedalboard or roadcase, use tin strapping and screws instead. Like this (one for each rubber foot).

XfJ5Q9g.jpg

BgLjTaV.jpg

wrMr9GO.jpg

Robboman sorry to "awake" this post.

But can you tell me where did you get that tin that you "attached" to the rubber feet? What are the madee of? Aluminum?

Thanks in advance

Hey folks! I have been a little quiet of late....

... however, I think I might have worked out a little solution to mounting without having to remove the feet or unscrewing anything... should have the prototype 'thingie' back in a week or so and will update you if it works as planned!

Sukh

Robboman sorry to "awake" this post.

But can you tell me where did you get that tin that you "attached" to the rubber feet? What are the madee of? Aluminum?

Thanks in advance

54TU11_AS01

This stuff works great, find it in the plumbing aisle and any hardware store (pipe strapping). It's really bendy, just use a pliers to 90 degree bend and break off short tabs.

When I got mine over a year ago, I just put the screws back in and haven't had any issues other than sometimes when I switch scenes it doesn't switch and I have to hit it again but I think it's the angle of my pedal case. Could it be the screws causing This?

Back
Top Bottom