Remove Legacy Version Option from Firmware - Mark l/Mark ll

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to OP. It may be easy now to get the tone of old presets using the latest best modelling - something i have never attempted, BTW.
It's hard for me to imagine why anyone would WANT a less accurate model in the AFX for some presets - it has always seemed to be a bit of a blemish to me to have the feature. Maybe with the superior modelling of Q5 and 6, they will have better luck matching the tone to legacy presets.

I can understand it. I personally don't have a whole lot of time between my job and kids. I have my Axe sounding just how I want it right now and, IF an update screwed all that up for me, I wouldn't really have the time to go through it all again and have it ready for band practice, even if I wanted to. Difference is, I have yet to do an update that I didn't like better than the previous FW. But just in case, I've always kept a copy of my current FW saved so I could roll back in the event I really didnt like the newest.

This should be very simple and good solution if Cliff don't find other ways to free up space.

The thing is, that people who want to keep the option for older firmwares are stuck now. BUT! If your not dependet on this option i think it would be fair to take it away for Mark II models. So guys who want to keep on updating to newest firmwares can keep on doing it.

Otherwise nobody is getting the new updates anymore if we have to keep this option in the future. Which isn't a future anyway for Mark II models.

+1 OP. 100% Grateful and not complaining, but would love to continue to get fw updates. I just simply can't justify buying an XL during this season of life (young family).

Latest firmware every time for me. I'd be prepared and happy to sacrifice presets/older firmware etc to enable it.

+1. I never rollback, but I don't use that many presets, maybe 12 total plus a few more I am testing out. We are a hobby band, not working pros. I can see how a pro who set up 100 patches might want the roll back option. And that voice is probably more influential than mine.

I'm 100% on board with this, if there's any way Cliff could get the newer FW versions on the Mark I/II then I'd be more than happy to have no access to on the fly algorithms. I could see once the Axe FX III comes out that no longer will FW for past models see release, but as of now, the Mark I and Mark II are still technically the current models, shame to see fractured support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom