Remove Legacy Version Option from Firmware - Mark l/Mark ll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, people will ask to erase some cabs, some amps they don't use, some effect etc.... it will never end untill Cliff puts the final nail in the coffin.
There is a difference between wanting stuff to get deleted that cliff won't touch vs what is happening here. Cliff is a smart guy he let the cat out of the bag about the older FW thing. He has also taken so much unmerited crap from people. Even in the 6.0 thread he was said there is space if he removed the older FW but folks would be crying. in the end this may boil down to which group screams louder and cries longer. Either the folks wanting older FW to stay will win or the guys wanting to move fwd will win. If I were a beating man I bet Cliff will eventually ditches the older FW. Doing that keeps the Mk1 and 2 is currently products. Other wise they become legacy products

+1 it's very simple and crystal clear for me, those who don't want to upgrade... just don't upgrade, no ? Nobody force them... Cliff, there is also the possibility to remove some presets banks, non ?

Last edited:
Completely agree here, if you don't want to lose how your rig sounds using the OLDER fw, why would you upgrade anyway? Sure, I know the answer to that would be b/c the upgrade MIGHT be better. The poll that I am running right now it showing that these ppl are vastly in the minority and evidently there was a previous poll as well that I wasn't aware of that showed the same thing. This seems to be a case of the minority screaming the loudest.

I support what ever decision is made but my preference is to have the option to move forward and leave the legacy behind. The MKII has been the single best piece of gear I have ever bought and I appreciate all that Fractal has done. I'm waiting on the next physical iteration to upgrade so if I have to wait to use new firmware so be it.

One thought I had was to have an option similar to saving space on iOS for podcasts. You can choose how many episodes you want to keep. For example I have it set to limit the downloads to the 2 most recent episodes. Maybe have an option like this for the legacy firmware. I have no idea if this is feasible but thought I'd throw it out there.

People please let go of the restrictions you are placing on FAS, they need some breathing room, give them a break.

I too would enjoy updates. But Cliff has already given us more than we deserve. So I can say I have definitely been a satisfied customer. Thanks!!

Agree with killing legacy firmware to save space. If you prefer an old firmware, don't upgrade. That is the simple solution rather than holding everyone else back.

+1 to OP. It may be easy now to get the tone of old presets using the latest best modelling - something i have never attempted, BTW.
It's hard for me to imagine why anyone would WANT a less accurate model in the AFX for some presets - it has always seemed to be a bit of a blemish to me to have the feature. Maybe with the superior modelling of Q5 and 6, they will have better luck matching the tone to legacy presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom