Remove Legacy Version Option from Firmware - Mark l/Mark ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I only want the latest algorithm. Period.

This thing is amazing. When a turd of a firmware is released, it gets fixed within a half a day. Always. Cliff has pride, but he is also humble enough to investigate a bug report, and rectify it with all possible dispatch.

Since the goal is "greater realism", wouldn't you want the latest? There are so many tools in the box to shape tone, that you can probably coax a "legacy tone" out of the latest firmware too. And if you can't, it's for good reason - the latest firmware is "more real."

I want the "better wah" and other new improvements. I want them more than I want to be able to roll back to something earlier. Please, don't make me call a Wah-mbulance over this and cause a Scene (Scene 9 - you don't want to go there, dude)

I think it is really noble to hold 99% of your customer base that own the Mark I / II, because of a handful of people. If those handful were top industry endorsees, they would have an XL anyways. Those people have 5.03 now, and they should just go ahead and keep it! But please kill the legacy options so the rest of us can move ahead with the rest of the team.

Anyone that is on tour and needs the legacy modeling choices can remain in 5.03, and can wait until they come home to update firmware, so they have time to tweak their tones again. IMHO.

Concerned Citizen, with First World Problems

EDIT: I thought this thing was the Bee's Knees when I received it new, 4-1/2 years ago, loaded with firmware 4. I think even more so now, with Quantum 5.03

Last edited:
Signed. I've never used the older firmware version options. You can also take some amps and factory cabs with you if you want.

Guys at Fractal: thanks for the hard work. I'm really appreciating it.

Yup, back when he first introduced it, it seemed like a good idea. Differences are so subtle, when switching between them, i always ended up on the latest. He spends a lot of time making improvements for a reason. The xl already has it's own special firmware (more xy blocks, more patch locations, ir's etc). I think if enough people make a stink he'll consider it. We've already had this conversation in the last firmware, but we need to make our presence known as much as those 4%.

Agreed!
I have never had use for the firmware rollback. I always embrace the improvements without looking back.
Adjusting presets has never been a problem for me either.

I dont really get this. If people want older firmware, they are still there. It's not like they imploded or went to mars.
If people want to use old presets, then use them on an old firmware.
I also sometimes play some of my old PS2 games. On my PS2....

Just to bump the thumbs up to this, i never go back on the older FW:s either. I guess there's people (or where are them?) that use the older FWs in their patches. Well, we'll see.

Yeah, remove this and then what? what will you guys ask once this free space if filled and another ground breaking FW is released that's not supported? When will it end?
I am pretty sure it will end when there is truly no space. These guy know there there is some space but is clogged up with older FW options. Only guy in that boat will sympathies with that fact.

Here is my issue (besides not wanting to give up being able to keep up with the latest gold standard of Fractal modeling). I bought an AX8 as a back-up to my Mk I. If the updates stop for the Mk I, in order to keep the two units compatable, I will have to stop upgrading my AX8. Since I use the AX8 for other purposes than just a backup to my Mk I, I would like to be able to continue updating it.

I'd like to have FW updates for Original/Mark II like XL and XL+ users until Axe-Fx III or next generation of FAS hardware is released.

I would like to have the latest FW and the newest features as well. There are so many parameters to get your sounds already I have no use to step back modeling versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom