Remove Front Handles?

Leonid

Hello! Tell me, please, is this ax FX 3 have the ability to remove the front handles? The device has not come to me yet, and I am afraid that axefx with the front handles installed will not enter my case (gator gr-rackbag-3U) ... thanks!)

Attachments

• GR-RACKBAG-3U_8_P2-575x404.jpg
    GR-RACKBAG-3U_8_P2-575x404.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
It should fit just fine. That front flap has some flex in it when zipping up. I had an Odyssey soft case and it fit just fine with the handles still on. I would think you can remove them if you need to because they are on the rack ears themselves. I haven't looked close enough though. I ended up switching from the soft case to a SKB roto short rack. Much more protection when going from Gig to gig.

Hope it fits a ok for you!

It should fit fine, but in any case yes, the handles can be removed!
I really hope so. I would not like to buy a new case. The thing is that for fixing the device in this case, an aluminum profile is used, which is used on hard cases. Attached this profile clearly to the edge of the case. but on the hard case there is a removable volume cover with a counterpart of the aluminum profile that can cover the bulging parts of the device. On this case, the front cover is flat, although it has some flexibility ... A strange constructive solution to be honest))

Attachments

• GR-RACKBAG-3U_8_P2-575x404.jpg
    GR-RACKBAG-3U_8_P2-575x404.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 28
I use the Gator GRB-3U with my AXEFX III and it works out great. I totally agree with not talking the handles off. That could damage the pots.
This model has a slightly different mount. it is planted a little deeper. Thanks for the feedback. I think that I will make another mount and will slightly deepen the ax in the case ...

It should fit fine, but in any case yes, the handles can be removed!
Sorry to resume such an old thread, but can you assure me that can be removed?

My needs would be different, I’m going to place it on a desk (Glorious Workbench) and I just I don't like that they stick out and take up desk space.

Thanks

Sorry to resume such an old thread, but can you assure me that can be removed?

My needs would be different, I’m going to place it on a desk (Glorious Workbench) and I just I don't like that they stick out and take up desk space.

Thanks
yes!

It's tight, but it fits (twss). And yeah I'd rather have pressure on the handles than on the knobs and screen. It'll probably eventually tear the seams of the zipper but that should take a while.

The handles on stick out rouchly 9 mm longer than the value encoder. If you front lid is flexible and so short that even the handles get in the way, the value knob may be at risk. Here is another thing yo can do (depending on the rail type. If you unmount the handles, you can mount the AXE FX from behind the rail instead of the normal way in front of the rail. In that case, I would advise to put some padding between the rail and the AXE, not to scratch the front of the AXE.

The handles on stick out rouchly 9 mm longer than the value encoder. If you front lid is flexible and so short that even the handles get in the way, the value knob may be at risk. Here is another thing yo can do (depending on the rail type. If you unmount the handles, you can mount the AXE FX from behind the rail instead of the normal way in front of the rail. In that case, I would advise to put some padding between the rail and the AXE, not to scratch the front of the AXE.
There is about 1” of clearance between the sides of the AX3 and the sides of the rack case. Good luck getting screws in there from behind.

Wait, I’m getting confused. Is it possible to remove them, or it is something super hard to do?

Back
Top Bottom