AFIII Remembering Randy Rhoads

bishop you just grind that out flawlessly. I really enjoy your vids and that amazing accurate sound and playing you do. Too many of the younger guys may not fully appreciate the importance Randy brought to modern guitar. A legend that fell far too young

My love for Randy Rhoads is blind because Diary of a Madman (also grabbed Heaven and Hell by Sabbath along with it) was the first album I ever went out and bought with my own money as opposed to just listening to my older sisters classic rock albums-
so it’s nearly impossible for me to be objective.
But over the years I have had quite a few guitarists who I respect try to explain to me that Randy’s studio tone was badly lacking.
I would usually defend by saying that Ozzy was having financial trouble at the time and maybe a lack of studio time was to blame-
but I never really knew what to say.
Just curious if anyone here feels that Randy’s tone on his two studio albums could have been a lot better in some areas-
and was it just production issues if any.
Long Live Randy Rhoads.

Last edited:
My love for Randy Rhoads is blind because Diary of a Madman (also grabbed Heaven and Hell by Sabbath along with it) was the first album I ever went out and bought with my own money as opposed to just listening to my older sisters classic rock albums-
so it’s nearly impossible for me to be objective.
But over the years I have had quite a few guitarists who I respect try to explain to me that Randy’s studio tone was badly lacking.
I would usually defend by saying that Ozzy was having financial trouble at the time and maybe a lack of studio time was to blame-
but I never really knew what to say.
Just curious if anyone here feels that Randy’s tone on his two studio albums could have been a lot better in some areas-
and was it just production issues if any.
Long Live Randy Rhoads.
Hate Randy’s tone on Blizzard. I like it better on Diary but I think his tone is much better on Tribute.

Back
Top Bottom