Remember the scene after program change, possible

Mintmedia

Hi folks,
my name is Markus and i' using the axefxii now for several years.
I am a german guy located in germany.
My english is not the very best so please excuse my limitations language wise!

To my question:

I'm using the mfc and the axfx II.
I am using the reveal switch so that I have the IA 1-5 to change scenes.
I'm using the bank up/down switch to change to different presets.
During a typical live show with a setup like this I am able to switch through different Sounds via scene 1-5. Let's assume scene 2 is my clean sound.
Then, when it comes to my solo, I use the "bank up" switch to switch to another preset. After the Solo i would like to go back to my clean sound at scene 2. So i press bank down and now my problem occurs. yes I am at the previous preset but the scene will be "scene 1" instead of "scene 2". The way to solve this in a live situation is some kind of a "tap dance", switching to the previous preset and then switching to the previous scene.
I thought there must be a more elegant way to solve this, but after days of reading and doing some serious research, I can't find a solution. Maybe someone can help me out, otherwise I will "Tap dance" until the end of my life. ;-)
Cheers and thanks in advance markus

Hi Markus,

no big problem - use the midimapping on the In/Out section - you can set there, which IA switch from the MFC will switch a present on the AxeFx and which scene.

You´re welcome in the german forum!

Einfach im Midimapping einstellen - welcher Schalter vom MFC welches Preset aufrufen soll - und welche Scene davon.
Oder mit X/Y Amping zwei verschiedene Sounds und als 5. Szene einen Solosound mit Boost davor schalten - in einem Preset.
Lauter machen entweder im Mixer (pro Szene einstellbar) oder mit neutralem Filter am Ende der Kette - so kannst du Lautstärke sogar noch extra schalten.

Grüße

Wolfgang

Why not use a preset per song and then use scene 1-5 clean,drive,drive2,solo1,solo2
This way you can switch clean,lead,clean,drive ,use the up & down to step up through your songs and whatever the song starts with would be scene 1

Thanks for your reply boardwlk17, yes this is a way. But when there will be an update, I will have to change 22 Presets instead of 2. That's the reason I am looking for a smarter solution.

Thank you Wolfgang, i will do some research concerning "midi mapping"!
Danke Wolfgang, hast du das schon mal gemacht? Eventuell einen Link für mich? :)

Maybe set up 'Song Mode' for each of these? It's a lot of initial work, but once it's done, small changes can be made to each.

Maybe set up 'Song Mode' for each of these? It's a lot of initial work, but once it's done, small changes can be made to each.
The 'Song' mode was never updated after the introduction of scenes (which drastically changed the way I use presets). It would be killer if 'Song' mode could be updated to include preset and/or scene selections. Similar to 'Midi-Mapping'?, but self contained in the 'Song' menu.

The 'Song' mode was never updated after the introduction of scenes (which drastically changed the way I use presets). It would be killer if 'Song' mode could be updated to include preset and/or scene selections. Similar to 'Midi-Mapping'?, but self contained in the 'Song' menu.

Yes,
And also add support for scenes to the Backtracking feature of the MFC.

Thank you Wolfgang, i will do some research concerning "midi mapping"!
Danke Wolfgang, hast du das schon mal gemacht? Eventuell einen Link für mich? :)
Ich hab alle meine Songs vom Bandprogramm mit Presets/Scenes organisiert, der Songmodus schreckt mich durch zuviel Arbeit noch ab.

I/O drücken,Page zweimal rechts und dann unter Midimapping eben die Daten einstellen. Sehr einfach, man muß nicht speichern - nur vorsichtig machen, da man schnell mal was falsch eingeben kann und nicht rückgängig machen kann,wenn man die Zuordnungen vergessen hat.

I´ve organized all my songs/Sounds with presets/Scenes - Songmodus seems to be a lot of work......

I/O - Page right 2x - Midimapping - very easy.
MFC should be in AxeFx-Modus.

I'm not aware of a way to do this natively with the MFC and Axe, but here's an option:

If you buy a Morningstar MC6 foot controller, which is very small and could fix next to your MFC easily, you could hook the MC6 to the MFC via MIDI, and then to the AxeFx via MIDI (it's apparently prone to glitches if you hook up the MFC to something via MIDI and to the AxeFx via Ethercon or Faslink), and program the MC6 to do this.

The MC6 gives you six buttons x 30 pages (each page has a new set of six functions for each button). Each button can have up to 10 simultaneous commands on a single button press, so you could program a button to change to a specific patch and specific scene. You can also program a button to toggle between two options, each with 10 simultaneous commands. This would give you a lot of added flexibility to just the MFC alone.

Back
Top Bottom