Reload preset instead of alternate

aleclee

Power User
Is there a way to get the old behavior of reloading a preset when you press the same preset button? As far as I can tell, there isn't a global way to set this. Setting the Global Preset to "Off" doesn't seem to do this. :(

On the MFC: set Global Preset to Off (Edit > System).
On the Axe-Fx: Set IgnoreRedundantPC to Off.

I did that. When I press the preset button a second time, I get an ALT preset, not the same preset reloaded.

I did that. When I press the preset button a second time, I get an ALT preset, not the same preset reloaded.

I think that this is programmed per preset Alec. You have to set each to "none". (Though that might be one of the beta versions that I had to do that, but I had the same exact issue and took me a bit to figure that out).

I think that this is programmed per preset Alec. You have to set each to "none". (Though that might be one of the beta versions that I had to do that, but I had the same exact issue and took me a bit to figure that out).

+1

Check the Preset menu.

That's a real kick in the nuts compared to the MFC 1.x functionality. I don't do a lot of custom presets but I use quite a number of factory ones and having to reset each one of those to duplicate a behavior that was available globally out of the box in 1.x is rather tedious and somewhat frustrating. :(

I think that this only affects existing setups, converted to 2.
ALT is off after a factory reset.

Dunno if it's worth the effort to save off the sysex. All I've programmed on my MFC is
  • Hold for Tuner
  • Change Tuner IA to Amp X/Y
  • Moved one of the IAs from the bottom row to the middle row

Dunno if it's worth the effort to save off the sysex. All I've programmed on my MFC is
  • Hold for Tuner
  • Change Tuner IA to Amp X/Y
  • Moved one of the IAs from the bottom row to the middle row

Then don't sweat it. You could reprogram that in a minute or two. The reset will get your MFC 'right'.

Scott Peterson said:
Then don't sweat it. You could reprogram that in a minute or two. The reset will get your MFC 'right'.

The reset did the trick. Must've been some other property messing things up 'cause when I restored the settings, I still had the issue. When I rest and restored the settings manually, all was well.

Thanks!

Helpful thread... thanks, all.

Same need here (to kick original preset and have it revert to original state). Sometimes the tempo of the song is faster than my feet :) and I have several effects employed in the "on" state... I like the option of the new ALT feature and will learn how to use it, but you've helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom