Relative tuner setting

kavevester

Inspired
More than once a day I tune to some songs that is some what of pitch in relation to A (440hz).
I dont own the Axe3, yet, but is it possible to "set" the tuner to tune with an offset?
Otherwise it could be a nice feature to have button that sets the meter to this new offset still showing
12 o'clock when in tune with new offset.

Not possible on the Axe FXII is it?

More than once a day I tune to some songs that is some what of pitch in relation to A (440hz).
I dont own the Axe3, yet, but is it possible to "set" the tuner to tune with an offset?
Otherwise it could be a nice feature to have button that sets the meter to this new offset still showing
12 o'clock when in tune with new offset.

Not possible on the Axe FXII is it?
Are you asking to tune to something other than 440?

Another trick I use when learning songs off recordings (i.e., YouTube videos) is use the Pitch block to shift my guitar up or down slightly to temporarily match the source material. Be aware that if you're playing at low volume and listening through speakers like studio monitors, it'll sound very wonky since you'll still be able to hear your strings as well as the altered-pitch notes. I use closed-back headphones in those situations so I don't hear my strings acoustically.

Are you asking to tune to something other than 440?
Yes if I want to play along some song it might be off pitch and therefore relative tune to that. Just easier if the scale on the screen also could be calibrated to this new "A" :) Would be quite easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom