Rehearsal with FW17.03

Sleestak

Power User
Last night I had a great rehearsal with my bandmates. This is the first time we've rehearsed since our New Year's Eve gig, and the first time since I updated my firmware about a week ago. I had immediate comments from the band about the sound of my guitar being so punchy and solid in the mix. I explained I'd updated the FW in the AxeFX since our last gig, and the unanimous verdict is "wow!". I love it that my AxeFX just keeps getting better.

It's funny I had the same reaction from my bands drummer. He has a great ear for music. He will sometimes hear things I dont. He really pisses me off lol. Anyway when I updated a last time he came in and couldn't beileve my axe sounded better than it did the last time we played. I just told him Cliff the man who invented the Axe just never sleeps so we get killer updates a couple times a month.

I have a friend here in Seattle who I converted to Fractology. He got his XL last year about a month after I got mine - it only took one test drive for him to leap aboard! Last week I was telling him about FW17 and he said "oh man, I'm still on 14". I need to get over to his place and update his rig. He is a very experienced professional musician with great ears. He's going to flip when he hears the changes.

Yeah it seems like every update my axe just sounds better. It's funny I have been playing guitar for a long time and I find I just want to play all the time now.

I have a friend here in Seattle who I converted to Fractology. He got his XL last year about a month after I got mine - it only took one test drive for him to leap aboard! Last week I was telling him about FW17 and he said "oh man, I'm still on 14". I need to get over to his place and update his rig. He is a very experienced professional musician with great ears. He's going to flip when he hears the changes.

Hey Sleestak, next time your in the SF South Bay, feel free to stop by and update my rig too. :)

I thought the improvements in 17.04 is only to make it easyer to make your own ir's?

There's more:
Improved power amp modeling. This results in better touch sensitivity, more explosive dynamics and improved low note clarity when the virtual power amp is driven hard.
Improved power amp cathode squish accuracy by accounting for dependency on bias point.

Back
Top Bottom