Regular gig but used a EH 44 Magnum - EQ question

Habuman

Power User
Normally, I just go to FOH with a monitor feed but last night decided to experiment by turning off the stage monitor and use the on-stage cab. My presets have no FX loop but since the AX8 is set to echo OP1 to OP2 the feed from OP2 to cab through the 44 Magnum worked without issue. That surprised me. The FOH and stage cab sounded really good.

I used global eq 2 to tailor the stage cab sound but is there a way to add a EQ block in the AX8 chain that is strictly dedicated to OP2? Would adding a FX loop with EQ added achieve this? I don't have a regular cabinet at home to try this method but would like to have preset ready to try at next gig.

Normally, I just go to FOH with a monitor feed but last night decided to experiment by turning off the stage monitor and use the on-stage cab. My presets have no FX loop but since the AX8 is set to echo OP1 to OP2 the feed from OP2 to cab through the 44 Magnum worked without issue. That surprised me. The FOH and stage cab sounded really good.

I used global eq 2 to tailor the stage cab sound but is there a way to add a EQ block in the AX8 chain that is strictly dedicated to OP2? Would adding a FX loop with EQ added achieve this? I don't have a regular cabinet at home to try this method but would like to have preset ready to try at next gig.
Yes, the FX loop block will resolve your issue.

Back
Top Bottom