Reggae Tone

Lunashademusic

Just got my FM3 set up. Here’s my original post about my issues. I am using the Fender Twin amp block along with the Blackface Cabinet.

NEWBIE POST!

Over all I love my Fractal FM3 but I just can’t seem to find a tone in my Fender Twin setting that sounds as full as I’d like. Just doesn’t have the umph I’m looking for. I know it’s gotta be a tone issue but I’m just lost as quite frankly I’m just not knowledgeable enough.
(The Fractal FM3 is pretty similar to a Kemper it seems and I’ve heard some great tones with the Kemper)

Any tips and tricks are welcome.

…and over all I’m just really struggling to find that clean balance between new age and roots sound in general. Again, I’m not knowledgeable enough so I just end up twisting knobs and find myself lost, with no direction and irritated. 😵‍💫🤣

I'm sure there will be posts from others with more expertise than me but if your using a regular guitar amp and speaker cabinet for a power amp then my recommendation would to turn off the FM3 modeling completely or use some sort of PA or FRFR amp and speaker combination with the amp and speaker modeling in the FM3.

Did you try the umph knob? ;) my drink made me say that. I found that going to some of factory presets can get you in the ball park, maybe take that preset you have and change to the amps, the cabs .its a bit over whelming at first ,cabinets make a big difference .I would try evl 12 in the cab,so many choices ,your got there

I’m as new as you to the FM3, but what are you using to listen (monitor) the sound. I‘ve owned more than couple nice Twins and that ballsy clean Fender sound I imagine will be somewhat dependent on what it’s being played through. Also, ironically as the others have eluded to maybe the Blackface cab might not be the best cab. I don’t know what version of Twin you’re use to, but the 85 watt pre CBS blackface was somewhat a different beast than the later Twins.

The FAS Double Verb models can be beastly big, but it will depend on which IR you're using and what you're listening through.
Taming the highs and turning up the volume is another good approach. The amp's POST EQ can be good for this.

When I used the Double Verb for clean tones, I preferred the Silverface model, disengaged Bright and turned up Input Drive. A Twin is mid-scooped by nature, so some tweaking to make it sound meatier is to be expected.

All great recommendations and thanks! I’m going to plug it into my PA and mix my sound that way first and see where I go from there. I was using my studio headphones to dial in. Thought they would carry somewhat of a similar sound.

Cool question
i actually would have had no clue so i looked it up and these guys were right silverface Twin is what Bob Marley used 90% of the time
and he had a Marshall JTM45 to

Back
Top Bottom