Reggae-rock! Auto wah, AC15 and new OH Vox 2x12 content!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone!

It's a sunny day today here in Holland so it's a perfect day for some skankin' reggae!
Disclaimer: the true reggae purists might argue that this isn't completely traditional reggae all the way through :)

Anyway so Ownhammer is releasing a new Vox 2x12 extension cab today with the Gold and Blue speaker options.
Sounding gorgeous as always!
This cab obviously works well with the Vox amp models but in this case I really enjoyed the AC15 from the most recent firmware.
For the 'heavier' parts I did use some drive pedals here and there.

I thought this was also a good opportunity to try and make a good auto-wah tone which I love for reggae type stuff.
It wasn't really easy to dial in but I got some good results!

I used my Line6 JTV-59 for all the parts.

Hope you enjoy this tune and I hope it's also suny where you are at!

Love the chop chords and the vibe of this track, Jon. You're killing me with the JTV-59 man, I swear. I am trying **so** hard not to buy another guitar right now, which that is the top on my list of wanted electrics... :)

Hi everyone!

It's a sunny day today here in Holland so it's a perfect day for some skankin' reggae!
Disclaimer: the true reggae purists might argue that this isn't completely traditional reggae all the way through :)

Anyway so Ownhammer is releasing a new Vox 2x12 extension cab today with the Gold and Blue speaker options.
Sounding gorgeous as always!
This cab obviously works well with the Vox amp models but in this case I really enjoyed the AC15 from the most recent firmware.
For the 'heavier' parts I did use some drive pedals here and there.

I thought this was also a good opportunity to try and make a good auto-wah tone which I love for reggae type stuff.
It wasn't really easy to dial in but I got some good results!

I used my Line6 JTV-59 for all the parts.

Hope you enjoy this tune and I hope it's also suny where you are at!

which JTV-59 guitar models did you use?

sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom