Regarding the recent price drop

RyanD

Sorry if this kind of discussion isn't allowed or something, or in the wrong part of the forums.

I made a thread awhile back, and you all helped me decide to get the XL+ as it's the latest and greatest, and I nearly have the funds for it.

This community is great, and I've already learned so much about the unit and haven't even touched one yet, (I don't mean to put it on a pedestal, but I'm super excited to get one) so I lurk here frequently, and keep up with things

I noticed the XL+ just went on sale, it is now $2149, and I'm wondering if this is because of the holidays, or maybe it's getting near the time for a AFXIII?

I noticed the price dropped a few weeks ago too. Is this common, or indicative of what I said above? Or maybe a supply/demand thing?

Guess I should have waited before I asked as it was finally posted in the News section haha. I just randomly checked and noticed it was on sale. Got curious!

It will be the most satisfying gear purchase you make. In 30 years of playing guitar and buying gear, I have never owned something that worked this well for its intended purpose.

Be careful Ryan! It's a trap! They sell you the first one at a discount, then they get you hooked and you'll keep coming back for more. I bought my first Axe-Fx two years ago during the Black Friday Sale. Now I can't stay away. I've got two AFX units, and would have an AX8 if I could afford it right now. Fractal gear is like sonic crack. ;)

Well shit, that's a price we can only dream of here in Germany, currently 2850$ (2700€)...:(

It would seem that any price drops from stuff being made in China are not being passed on to the consumer in Europe by the European dealers. As usual the European consumer gets shafted.

It would seem that any price drops from stuff being made in China are not being passed on to the consumer in Europe by the European dealers. As usual the European consumer gets shafted.

Try checking up on your assumptions before posting wrong info.
G66 did lower the price on the Ax8.

Reactions: Ole
Try checking up on your assumptions before posting wrong info.
G66 did lower the price on the Ax8.

The current price of the Ax8 at G66 is €1599,00. That seems about what it used to be. But if you say it used to be €1699,00 I'm willing to concede that as I don't have the old price at hand. I do have the old price of the Axe FX at hand. Current price is €2699,00, my old receipt says €2899,00. So that would lend support to your argument that prices have been lowered. Oddly enough the MFC-101 is still at the old price of €799,00. I'm not bitter about the price drop on the Axe though. The past is the past and the present is the present. Plus it was money well spent.

I still think European consumers get shafted though. Every musical gear costs more in Europe then in the US. Which would make some sense if it had to be imported from the US. But when you notice that even gear made in Europe costs less in the US I can't help escape the notion that somewhere along the way we're get shafted.

I still think European consumers get shafted though. Every musical gear costs more in Europe then in the US. Which would make some sense if it had to be imported from the US. But when you notice that even gear made in Europe costs less in the US I can't help escape the notion that somewhere along the way we're get shafted.

The Kemper is more expensive in the US.

Back
Top Bottom