Regarding Firmware 3.0!

mgavin

Experienced
I'm not sure if i just got better @ guitar or if firmware 3.0 just makes me sound way better & more clean!! :D

Sometimes I take the hype with a grain of salt for obvious reasons. I have to say here... I think the Beta testers actually underplayed this one. This is a truly a remarkable upgrade. I honestly didn't think such a huge step could occur. Most dramatic upgrade since I have been involved with the magic boxes! Just unreal!!!

please discuss what you find most dramatic, I have not upgraded yet but would love to hear from people, is it the gain, the clean the crunch the response the realeness?

Im just a few mins in on the first few patches but I feel and hear more string seperation and much more control with the volumn knob on your guitar. The Prince Tone is sweet too! Will talk more about it later... I'm out for the night, lot's of plying to do! :)

I'm speechless... other than a very sincere and humble "Thank You" to you Cliff and the Beta Testers.

Peace,

Just after going through the new bank A presets and trying out the new Princeton, I'm drooling. Wow, this is great.

Thanks, Cliff. Now take a break so I can enjoy this for a while.

After you get Axe-Edit up and any bugs worked out, of course. ;)

house-disbelief.jpg

Well, quickly-my 89 Strat with Fralin VHots always sounded very treble-ee. I have the action extremely low. So I always had to dial out the highs at certain freq-well, just zipping thru the first 10 prests - not anymore. Plus the voicing is very coll and helpful for someone like me who played most of his life thru musicman amps and nothing else-just lined out to the board(MM amps have thatline feature) I tend to like the warm voicing on the bassmans and rock on the brownface. So much more to try.
Definitely a fabulous upgrade-huge IMHO. Haven't even picked up my HB guitar yet :)

Cliff and FAS staff-

Amazing.

Longtime owner of Ultra and then have had Axe II since late July. Your products were a clear notch above the other hardware and software modelers out there (and I have tried them all), but I have to be honest-it was still not the same experience as playing a decent tube amp at least for me.
The Axe II has been a great step forward. Still enjoyed my modest Mesa F-50 more. A real tube amp just still had an organic sound and feel that the Axe could not quite nail.

This version 3.0 is a game changer.
As noted, the note and string separation and clarity is drastically improved.
There was a tendency for many of the amps to sound too similar - and even a bit mushy.
Now the amps have definition, unique character, and authority but even more organic sound and feel.
Quite an accomplishment you have pulled off with definition and warmth both increased.

Great job. Congratulations. Sounds fantastic. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Last edited:
My axe II firmware update must have not installed right.3 reboots and it sounds bad .Mine at the end says.....Firmware update unknown!Hardware is still the same version.Please check midi settings and try again.Thru axe edit I am sending and recieving midi? I did the 2.00 the same way and it worked great.

My axe II firmware update must have not installed right.3 reboots and it sounds bad .Mine at the end says.....Firmware update unknown!Hardware is still the same version.Please check midi settings and try again.Thru axe edit I am sending and recieving midi? I did the 2.00 the same way and it worked great.
did you send the update through the editor twice ? if 3 was on the II already and you send it again for updating, that's the message you'd get since nothing changed FW number wise.

Love the fact that 3.0 is released on Nigel Tufnel Day. Firmware 3.0 is bound to make the Axe-Fx II one louder. Can't wait to try it out.

All of the Fender style amps sound more convincing now. More low-end whomp. If I had an open back cab I think it'd be even better.

Back
Top Bottom