Regarding Accuracy

Axe-Master
AX8 user here, but I figured I'd post this in that big boy forum since it relates to the amp models.

I've been lucky enough to have a friend loan me his Carol-Ann Tucana 3R fur a few days, and I've taken the opportunity to shoot some demo clips of the amp. I'd tried the model out before which made navigating the real thing all the more straightforward.

Yek's guide on the Tucana model mentions that Alan and Cliff worked together on the models and that they're incredibly accurate. Hear for yourself below, but all I can say is they weren't joking.

They sound really close. I think the second crunch clip sounds slightly hairier and with a little more sustain. The second clip on the clean setting sounds a little more bouncier.

I've never played the real amp, nor do I use that model much in the Axe. If I had to guess, I'd say the second clips are the real amp. Interested to see if I'm right or wrong. :D

Some interesting feedback already. I've shot the reveal video, should be out next week. Until then, let the speculation continue.

Very interesting. The real amp did have something slightly different going on. Looser maybe. Overall very close. Thanks for sharing.

Here it is

Looks like I was right. I pretty much nailed the crunch channel. Technically, I even got the clean channel correct. In your original video, I thought the clean was divided into three parts. The first one, being that riff you played when the word "Clean" comes up on the bottom of the screen. The second one, being the riffs you played after the video fade in/out effect. And then the third, being the next riffs after the second video fade in/out effect. With that being said, what was that first riff with the word "Clean" under it in the video? Amp or Axe?

Looks like I was right. I pretty much nailed the crunch channel. Technically, I even got the clean channel correct. In your original video, I thought the clean was divided into three parts. The first one, being that riff you played when the word "Clean" comes up on the bottom of the screen. The second one, being the riffs you played after the video fade in/out effect. And then the third, being the next riffs after the second video fade in/out effect. With that being said, what was that first riff with the word "Clean" under it in the video? Amp or Axe?

Watching that back that is confusing, I clearly missed an edit there. The clip that says clean is the Fractal.

In this one the amp feels a bit hairier, the bottom strings sounds like new strings while in the AX8 sounds like they were used ones (not heavily used).

The 2nd part (model) is slightly lower in volume.
Both sound very similar. Differences are negligible, and can be easily adjusted.

:) there is a HUUUUGGEEEEE difference between the real amp and fractal cleans...cos one is played with neck pick up (amp) and one with bridge.

In my experience, the Axe-Fx always needs tweaking in the highs, compared to the physical amp. And, I'm not talking about "amp in the room" scenario. This is even in the mixing stage after the guitars have been printed. The Axe-Fx needs a couple of db's boost in the 1 to 2kHz range. Also, a high-shelf boosting a db or so.

I've grown accustomed to mixing with the Axe-Fx, but it is consistently darker in it's raw form before mixing.

Back
Top Bottom