Reference Monitors you can wear... (Focal, Adam, Mofi, Beyerdynamics)

Yeah, I didn't mean to splinter things. Sorry. Really, I was just joking. I remember when I first chatted Pamela Anderson on AOL in 1995. And I quickly found, "Whoa, she has a lot of accounts on AOL!". I'm over it. Really! >.>

I can't speak to the headphones, but I do have a pair of the Focal Solo BE-6's - absolutely wonderful and true.

I am a bit surprised that the real Yngwie would consider amp modeling, but if he is, that's a big compliment to the AxeFX.

Now, if we could only get Eric Johnson on board....

Gotta say, I'm not sure this is the Yngwie J. Malmsteen. Yngwie doesn't play through headphones and would never consider digital amp modeling. He's hasn't dropped any F-bombs. He hasn't been disrespectful toward anyone or anything - in fact, he's been utterly respectful. He's even been reverent toward things such as Cliff and Event Opals, and the real Yngwie is only utterly reverent toward himself and his own legacy. Guess this is a different Yngwie J. Malmsteen. Small world!
Wait, so not being an asshole gives you away? Damn I failed at life. :p

Wait... is this "the" YJM? :) Welcome to the forum!

I'm a strong believer in the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros. I think they have the best bang for buck. You'll find something similar from Sennheiser like f.ex. the HD600 and HD650 but it starts to get a lot more expensive after that and the sound may not get much better. Obviously if money is not an issue then the Sennheiser HD800 seems to be the flagship of flagships.

Remember that flat response is not the best/only way to judge a mix as good or bad. Professionals have been using Yamaha NS10s as the industry standard and although people say they're flat they're actually mid heavy in comparison to what people consider to be flat nowadays.

Do you use a headphone amp, and if so which one do you recommend?
Will a headphone amp alter the sound of the Axe Fx? I mean if using a headphone amp is there also suggested settings one should use to keep it neutral and from not coloring the tones of the axe fx?

Back
Top Bottom