Reference Material

dbcheek1

Hey Guys,
First time poster here... I just bought my Ultra second hand and am figuring her out, but so far still on the honeymoon... sounds amazing! Quick question: I've been out of home recording for decades... last i used was an ADAT mixed down to a DAT (anybody in the market for those? I still have them!) so this is likely very basic stuff but
I'm out of touch: I'm running the Ultra direct with XLR's to my monitors (got Event 20/20bas on order but using some old Adams now). It sounds great, but is there an easy way to patch in a recorded cd for reference material to see how close my tone is? I can run that through my mixer of course, but I'm trying to keep that out of the loop if I can to keep the signal as pure as possible for now. I guess I thought there might be RCA inputs for that on the Ultra? All the help here is truly appreciated!

For playing over CD tracks I connect the headphone output of a small Denon Hi Fi (it has no line out otherwise I would use that), to the Axe Fx "Input 2" stereo inputs using a stereo Y cable. Then in the Axe Fx patch all you need to do is place an effects loop "FXL" block on one of the four layout rows by itself, and then connect this block to the "output" on the right hand side of the layout using shunts. (it is not connected to the "input" side of the layout). I control the volume of the CD track via the volume control on the Denon.

Back
Top Bottom