Redwirez!

Yep, i got the email too. I'm pretty happy with my tones so I'm not sure the anniversary update is worth $99 for the Big Box again

I signed up again and received the G12M-25W starter pack. I'll check them out later and compare with the old ones

I tried out the G12M freebie; 57 cap/121 cone combo both @ 1" and sounds really good! Huge improvement imho. I still prefer Factory 2 #515 @1024 for my marshall presets

Quote:
  • "Longer. Now 500ms for better bass definition.
  • Smoother. Advanced processing to remove unwanted acoustic artifacts.
  • Cleaner. Less noise, better SNR.
  • Easier. Presets for commonly used studio techniques.
  • Mix ready. We filter out the rumble and buzz. IRs sound better and sit better in the mix."

Can someone make an A/B comparison with the old ones? just to make sure that the perceived improvement is not caused by Axe-FX firmware improvements

I am wondering if it is worth to repurchase remastered IR's:
  • Longer. Now 500ms for better bass definition.
Cliff stated recently that longer IR's may actually be contra-productive, because they capture unwanted room reflections.
  • Smoother. Advanced processing to remove unwanted acoustic artifacts.
Can't we achieve this with the Smooth Control at the CAB block? Anyway, if the original IR's were properly taken, there should be no need to re-process
  • Cleaner. Less noise, better SNR.
If these are remastered old takes, the noise was already there, at the original WAV files. The only way to remove noise is with noise reduction software. We could do that ourselves. But, would that make any difference in sound?
  • Mix ready. We filter out the rumble and buzz. IRs sound better and sit better in the mix."
Does it mean to cut LO and HI frequencies? We can do that at the CAB block.

Last edited:
On the site it says "For Redwirez' 10th anniversary we've remastered our collection and made some oft-requested tweaks"
Gives me the impression they are here old shots.

i registered on the new website and got a 20% off coupon...MixIR3 and the updated BigBox equivalent (all 9463857 cabs, all redone as individual modules) for like $120

Back
Top Bottom