RedWirez - my User Cab layout

Scott Peterson said:
Here are mine.

I normally use two at a time, in a stereo cab block, drive @ 0.12 (each) and panned 25%R/25%L; Air Freq. 3526Hz @ 20.1%.

What two end up in the cab depends on the amp and what my goal is.

This is very interesting, and an interesting use of Axe-Edit too (I didnt try to use IRs yet), thanks very much, Scott !
But the image is a little tiny, and I cant read the IRs names...
Might be my ageing eyes or my screen definition, but I cant change either right now :lol:
Whenever you have a little time, can you post a bigger screenshot ?
Thanks very much !!!
:twisted:

Thierry said:
Scott Peterson said:
Here are mine.

I normally use two at a time, in a stereo cab block, drive @ 0.12 (each) and panned 25%R/25%L; Air Freq. 3526Hz @ 20.1%.

This is very interesting, and an interesting use of Axe-Edit too (I didnt try to use IRs yet), thanks very much, Scott !
But the image is a little tiny, and I cant read the IRs names...
Might be my ageing eyes or my screen definition, but I cant change either right now :lol:
Whenever you have a little time, can you post a bigger screenshot ?
Thanks very much !!!
:twisted:

Seeing how the current version of the editor doesn't save the names... not likely. :D

I use off-axis cap-edge at 2" with the SM57 on them all. I use the following speakers (in different combinations):

Showman D130
TwinJensen C12N
TweedDeluxe P12R
Bassman P10Q
Marshall 1960A G12M
Basketweave G12M-20
Uberkab V30
Uberkab T75/V30
Vox AC30 Silver
Matchless G12H30/M25

I always use two different for every preset inside one stereo block as noted a few posts above. It works for me, and works well.

Scott Peterson said:
Here are mine.

10272010cabs-1.jpg

Thanks Scott, very interesting!
:)

FWIW

I took IRs from NI's Rammfire cabinet in setting A, B and A&B and tested these against the IRs I already have in the Axe.

No contest, the Redwire Mesa is far superior.

CK mix recipe
MesaRectifierV30s-L47-CapEdge-0in.wav,0.5
MesaRectifierV30s-421-CapEdgeOffAxis-0in.wav,0.5

I checked CKs new recipe against the old one, (SM57 and 421 CapEdge 2in) but found the old one considerably more pleasing.

so, nothing changes :)

dp

Haha... my ears are constantly changing. I might be into jazz one week and then I'm into Nirvana etc. so I can't seem to settle for any IR. The Recto2 however seems to stay a favorite. I remember what I was trying to accomplish with that IR that you like and it's simply high end without fizz. That's actually pretty hard to get in real life so sure there's some magic in that IR. Will probably have to start using it again... :lol:

@Clark: What do you mean with the "Recto2 IR"? Is it a custom IR, or do ya mean a Stock cab? I just don´t understand.

Have you ever combined an IR with a Microphone-Sim? I know, this is actually without any sense, but I think it sounds not too bad.

Lewinsky´s Schroeder said:
@Clark: What do you mean with the "Recto2 IR"? Is it a custom IR, or do ya mean a Stock cab? I just don´t understand.

Have you ever combined an IR with a Microphone-Sim? I know, this is actually without any sense, but I think it sounds not too bad.

I mean the stock Recto2 cab without a mic sim. There are good mic sims but I think it sounds better when I just add lowcut and choose to have "none" cab.

@Scott: am impressed you figured out how to get the preset manager function in AXE EDIT to list your Use cab IRs, I can't figure that out, mine stay blank in text upon re-boot no matter what i load into them, os have to use paper and pen to keep track...

austinbuddy said:
@Scott: am impressed you figured out how to get the preset manager function in AXE EDIT to list your Use cab IRs, I can't figure that out, mine stay blank in text upon re-boot no matter what i load into them, os have to use paper and pen to keep track...
Only works per session; once you reboot ivy is blank.

A "solution" of sorts...won't preserve them in preset manager, but I only use that to load new cabs into slots anyway...

Either edit the editor xml file and replace User1 etc with cab names of your choice...

or use a utility I wrote ( http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14497 does this and more), I think there is another utility somebody wrote for redwirez cabs...

Backup your editor config files (or just copy and paste the whol Fractal folder in Program files) first in all cases though...hope this helps...

Beats remembering what is in each slot, at least until the new reworked Axe Manager comes out!

I post up those screen captures because I print up the same and keep a folder with this sort of thing. I have lots of notes and folders on the Axe-fx. :)

update 01/13/11
MesaRectifierV30s C414 Smooth 12in recipe
MesaRectifierV30s-C414-Cap-12in.wav,0.34
MesaRectifierV30s-C414-CapEdge-12in.wav,0.33
MesaRectifierV30s-C414-Cone-12in.wav,0.33

BasketweaveG12M20s-R121 & 421.syx
BasketweaveG12M20s-R121-Cone-4in.wav,0.5
BasketweaveG12M20s-421-CapOffAxis-2in.wav,0.5

Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapOffAxis-0in.syx

Last edited:
Yes once you have purchase the IR from RW you can access to your area in any moment and use the online mixer putting in the recipe you and other user want to try.

sure, but i dont understand whats with all the updates posetd by DP throughout this thread. are they updates to his user cab layout or updates from the company Redwirez?

sure, but i dont understand whats with all the updates posetd by DP throughout this thread. are they updates to his user cab layout or updates from the company Redwirez?

they're updates to what is currently in my Axe.
My knowledge of the Redwirez IRs is (slowly) growing, and I'm getting better at mixing IRs.

I could swear that my hearing is improving the more I use the Axe :)
I can pinpoint certain frequency areas more exactly, address them by choosing the 'right' Redwirez IRs and mix them.
If the result is an improvement and I still like it the next day, I post an update here, while also keeping the old recipes.

This thread is going to be my savior. I just downloaded about half of the Redwirez stuff, and now with some 5,000 IR's, i was freaking out. This will give me a GREAT start. Thanks, Rob.

Here's my new Redwirez IR layout. A good selection of cabs to cover everything I need, from clean to high gain. All of the mixes are based on Scott Peterson's mix recipe that he's detailed in his 'Rethink, Rework and Reboot' thread. This recipe really brings the cabinets to life and is perfect for live work (Thanks Scott!). In case you haven't seen it (although I urge you to read his original post), the recipe is :

cab-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-5in.wav,0.95 (for the Uberkab, i used both the V30 and T75 CapEdgeOffAxis-5in at 0.475 each)
cab-R121-Room.wav,0.05

So now my IR slots look like this (sort of organised in order of suitable for clean, to suitable for gain – makes it easy to remember what is loaded where) :

01 - Tweed Deluxe P12R (SP).syx
02 - Vox AC30 Blues (SP).syx
03 - Twin Jensen C12N (SP).syx
04 - Marshall Basketweave G12H Blackbacks (SP).syx
05 - Marshall G12M Greenbacks (SP).syx
06 - Marshall V30s (SP).syx
07 - Marshall T75s (SP).syx
08 - Orange V30s (SP).syx
09 - Uberkab T75s_V30s (SP).syx
10 - Mesa Rectifier V30s (SP).syx

Back
Top Bottom