Redwirez Is Shutting Down

Yeah agreed. Had they released more products and somewhat continuously, it'd have probably generated more interest in the brand.
And while it's great to have the precise control of the mic position, the sheer number of IRs makes it a pain to scroll through. It's absolutely daunting for someone who might be new to this stuff, so it might have turned newer customers away from the brand. Also, it's great to have a selection of good mixes at hand too, rather than making each mix on your own.
Yeah, they were pros who intended to re-create virtual mic'ing as close to the real deal as they could, and unless one was experienced mic'ing gtr cabs it was no doubt too complicated for the inexperienced until the plugin came out.

In my case it was Redwirez who most closely matched our mic locker, so it was a no brainer for me.

MixIR3 is awesome though, great plugin if you don't already have it.

Feels bad, man. :( Hope it all turns out well in the end for him and his.

@JoKeR III just turned me on to Redwirez just a month back or so for some G12T-70 based IRs I was seeking. It was the first 3rd party IRs I purchased for my AxeFx III. Bought 'em, love 'em, and now this. Wish he would have left a donation tab or something. I appreciate the gift of every single thing on the site, but somehow I just feel....dirty I guess...? I know he wants to gift 'em to previous customers, and I'm grateful, I sure wish there was a donation tab to send him on his way proper though. Well, maybe if Mike reads this he'll put up the means to donate. It's ok, brother, let us gift ya something in return.

Best wishes to whatever future endeavors Mike embarks upon, and prayers for your carpal tunnel issues, that shit hurts and makes making a dime damned near impossible.

Yes it is. Took me a minute to understand the workflow but it's a great tool.
I've purchased the Cab-Lab bundle and I like it a lot. However, since the mixIR3 stuff is there as a gift, I'm going to take advantage of it and give it a shot. Thanks again for the tip on Redwirez, brother.

How do you all think the Red Wirez stuff holds up to what’s out there today sonically?

I’m your opinions what’s lacking? Is there something that still beats out the competition.

If you have experience mic'ing guitar cabs with a professional mic locker, nothing else compares to Redwirez as it's mic selection is the best IMO.

However, if you're not experienced then many other vendors do a lot of the work for you with their mixes and labeling etc.

If you're able to, by all means use the Redwirez MixIR3 plugin as it's a faster UI etc.

Yeah there's some kind of login screen when you try to open the site. Hopefully it comes back up at some point.

The only reason I hope this is not the case is because I think I recall reading Mike saying that the site would be accessible for another year so we could download our items that we may have not yet.

Agreed! I reached out to support, but haven’t heard back at all. Been a couple days too.

It is sad that they are hanging it up! I’ve always loved and used the IRs that I own of theirs.

I also tried to get in, using the same credentials I used some years ago when I bought a bunch, but no joy... The site seems to be under maintenance, perhaps permanently. If a kind soul is willing to share, drop me a note. I'm legit, have some download links from previous purchase...

I also tried to get in, using the same credentials I used some years ago when I bought a bunch, but no joy... The site seems to be under maintenance, perhaps permanently. If a kind soul is willing to share, drop me a note. I'm legit, have some download links from previous purchase...
Same here

Yes, too bad they folded. I bought a lot of IR's from them. I saw this thread a month ago or so and went to their site & re-downloaded everything I bought originally. I was lucky to get back in before they shut it down.

Back
Top Bottom