reducing the "wah" in between notes on synth leads

gdgross

Experienced
Hi guys -

have a cover gig next month in which I'll be playing some of the lead lines from a few tunes; I'd like to try and use the synth block(s) in the axe-2 to try and nail the tones as closely as possible.

I've got some sounds that are workable, but not quite there yet. In particular, I notice that there is a kind of sweeping in between notes when using the synth block, at least on my patches. compared to playing the same line on a keyboard, where each note is crisp and clean, it kind of sounds like the pitch is sliding from one note to the next quickly, rather than a clean change in pitch.

Is this just the way the pitch tracking or the synth block works? Maybe it's the way im playing?

Any ideas?

I'm working on matching the sound from take on me currently; I've attached my preset. Like I said, workable, but not really that close when you compare to the record. :)

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Take On Me Synth Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
My suspicion is that there isn't much that can be done, but thought I'd solicit some advice from any of the synth block experts around here...

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

I would check out axe change and also look up Swedish Chef's posts as he posted a few synth presets, such as Billy Idol's Rebel Yell.

Back
Top Bottom