Reducing all patches be an equally amount? Anyone able to clarify this for me?

Spartacus

Inspired
Hi all,

I have a question about reducing the overall patch level for all of my patches that I use with my band.

I have a good number of patches that I’ve used over time, adjusting amp or cab or output mixer when playing with my band. As usual most of the adjustments have been making the patches louder!
I have them level wise where I want them but now I get some clipping in some patches and would like to reduce all of my patches by lets say 6db.

So the technical question is this: If I go into each of these patches and reduce them individually by 6db in the output mixer will all the patches be reduced equally?
Now keep in mind that some of the patches output mixers are at 0db, some are at -2db and some are at 8db!!

This might be a silly question but it has me scratching my head!! I’d rather ask the question first before hacking away at my presets.
If I can’t reduce them equally using the above method I will insert a volume block at the end of each chance to make the 6db reduction. But the above would be cleaner.

Thanks,
Darren

Or save time by turning the global EQ gain down. That will have the same effect as lowering each preset's level.

Hey Guys,

Thank you both for your quick replies. Both make sense. It is Perceived volume reduction (equally reduction across all of these patches)...

I'll go with the Global EQ gain to get the overall reduction.

Have a great weekend!!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom