Rediscovered CA3+ Clean. What's your fav clean?

Count me in on the CA3+

I don't spend lots of time on clean sounds, but that model seems to check my boxes. I use it on my main clean patches. It feels good, and doesn't honk like some of the other obvious clean amps.

That sounds good with my AirNorton S neck on humbucker mode. It doesn't sound so good when I split it, but I made a mistake on the wiring and I am splitting the inner coil.

It is too nasty when I increase the guitar vol. I have to work on that.

I attach the preset

Okay, this is the first time I've gotten to pick up my guitar since then. Whirlwind birthday celebration, followed by brutal food poisoning (told by health inspector it was likely norovirus), recovering for a week with no strength, then catching up with work, and now, guitar in hand...

I love the preset! I couldn't believe you actually even used my favorite settings! What's funny is, on my guitar, I thought it sounded way better on the outer split, like my own presets with this kind of setup. And I really like the two lead scenes too, with the bright channel of the Archon, one with the RAT in front of it. Man, thanks for giving this a try and adding your take on it. This is a fun as hell preset to play! This is making me wonder about that AirNorton S on your axe; it seems like it must be a very cool pickup.

Okay, this is the first time I've gotten to pick up my guitar since then. Whirlwind birthday celebration, followed by brutal food poisoning (told by health inspector it was likely norovirus), recovering for a week with no strength, then catching up with work, and now, guitar in hand...

I love the preset! I couldn't believe you actually even used my favorite settings! What's funny is, on my guitar, I thought it sounded way better on the outer split, like my own presets with this kind of setup. And I really like the two lead scenes too, with the bright channel of the Archon, one with the RAT in front of it. Man, thanks for giving this a try and adding your take on it. This is a fun as hell preset to play! This is making me wonder about that AirNorton S on your axe; it seems like it must be a very cool pickup.
Hoppy birdy a bit late....

Hoping to imitate Peach Guitar's Silver Sky/Mesa Boogie TC-50 combination...

Have located the Triple Crest and am utilizing a 2x12 RECTO 57 OH / 2x12 RECTO 121 OH. Just enough hair with the boost toggled in...have added a little modulation for something slightly wetter...also a wah/formant and drive/QTRON filter...

Here's what I'm striving for...

Last edited:
What's a great amp for single-note Tele cleans?
Another Band Commander fan here. That's actually what I use for my Hendrix preset, implementing Austin Buddy's tweaks...most of em, anyway. I'm on an FM3 so I can't split cabs. He nails it with the JTM45, which is another option with the right tweaks, I just feel like the BC gave me more punch with a cleaner tone, regardless if I'm on my Strat (using PV 59s) or my Tele.

The Two Rock is really nice too, I made a pretty nice Shine on You scene using that. And of course, the Twin and Super Reverbs are great, though I've really been digging the Vibroverb. That EJ Clean preset in particular has a lot of nice cleans that have been really fun to play with on my Tele lately.

What are Yall playing thru?

For a guitar cable? I use a Rattlesnake Dirty Tweed cable, and it sounds great! I used to use Mogami too, and I loved those. I definitely hear a difference in tone between different cables, and I just happened upon Rattlesnakes at Flipside Music in Denver. It felt really solid so I though I'd give it a try.

What are Yall playing thru?

I have a mix. Nothing too fancy but not junk. Good cables do make a difference, mostly a cleaner and crispy high end. Nowadays I don’t mind a little roll off. In the old days you would see guys with long coiled cables that had a lot of capacitance which rolled off the highs. Using the FM3 there is so much adjustability it doesn’t seem to matter as much.

I have a mix. Nothing too fancy but not junk. Good cables do make a difference, mostly a cleaner and crispy high end. Nowadays I don’t mind a little roll off. In the old days you would see guys with long coiled cables that had a lot of capacitance which rolled off the highs. Using the FM3 there is so much adjustability it doesn’t seem to matter as much.
Yeah I can see roll of being good with the FM3/Fractal... since its so high end already...

I did mean what Speaker/Amp etc for clean, what FRFR etc... but... yes those coiled cables... look cool but are antennaes I hear

Great thread, once again learning from this forum, several cleans I want to explore. I like the CA3+ overall for different sounds, plus the clean, I use it a lot. Sounds huge and pristine.

Hoping to imitate Peach Guitar's Silver Sky/Mesa Boogie TC-50 combination...

Have located the Triple Crest and am utilizing a 2x12 RECTO 57 OH / 2x12 RECTO 121 OH. Just enough hair with the boost toggled in...have added a little modulation for something slightly wetter...also a wah/formant and drive/QTRON filter...

Here's what I'm striving for...

Hello!
What setting could I extract this sound from?
Would you help?
That's a beautiful sound! I really like this type of sound!
Thanks!

My favourites for clean were 6G12 Concert for jazzy stuff and Band-Commander for strumming. Thanks to you, I've tried now the CA+ again, and you're right, so well balanced.

Back
Top Bottom