Redco Panel experiences?

ESPer

Hi folks. I'm considering having a redco panel made and wanted to ask about other people's experiences with them and get input on what I'm considering having built.

What is the general consensus on the company as far as quality, support, etc?

I spoke with one of their folks briefly and he mentioned some options that weren't listed on their site such as right angle cable ends. Here is the panel I'm thinking about having built. One of the big questions I haven't decided on is whip length. I'll most likely be racking it directly below my AXE III in a 6 space rack, but it might be nice to have a little extra cable length. Is there a general rule for length?

https://www.redco.com/Redco-Custom-Panel-Designer.html?panel_id=XWUXZJ

Thanks

I’d recommend just getting passthru style connectors. That was its easy DIY with no soldering, just patching, and you can easily change out the type of connector, lengths etc as needed. Just gives you more flexibility if you want to change from an XLR to a TS and so forth. Just remove 2 screws and change the connector

I’ve used Redco extensively on a major wiring project and they were really helpful and knowledgeable.
You will want enough cable length to pull the panel out with enough slack to work on it.
There’s no rule of thumb but I like to be able to have a service loop of at least 18 inches. That means 18 inches MORE than the cable length needed to go slack from furthest connectors.

I've also had a good experience buying parts for updating my rack panel.

FYI, the panel in your link has a USB A connector. If that is for connecting a PC to the AF3 then it should be USB type B.

I used Redco for a lot of my in wall patch panels in my studio. Very quality build and excellent customer service.

Also look at Bestronics Axe panel builds. I have several orders and they were also high quality.

Back
Top Bottom