Red Wirez "Tone Recipe Formula" Sharing Thread

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
I have this file uploaded in another thread in the Patches section, but wanted to share them here.

I have spent a week or so really 'taste testing' all sorts of crazy combinations of IR's with the TOTALLY COOL Red Wirez IRMixer. From simple to as complex as I could mix and match up; and it's been a blast.

Where I ended up would require that you have the BigBox Collection and the AlnicoBlues speaker from the SpeakerBox set to 'mix up' your own to try if you so desire. They are named appropriate for the patches (also included in the zip file) that I used them in.

Anyway, if folks want to share their own 'IR recipes' here - feel free!

I've found this very fun, very exciting and am very happy with the results I ended up with.

Have fun!

My patches and 'IR Recipes' are here: download/file.php?id=970

***I want to make a note that I have changed up the "Recipe" for my Bogner cab: I've changed the "cone_edge" to "cone". Here's the new total 'recipe':
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\Orange4x12-V30s\Royer R121\Orange4x12-V30s-R121-Cone-6in.wav,0.45
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\Orange4x12-V30s\Ambient Mics\Orange4x12-V30s-KM84-BackOfCab-0in.wav,0.05
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\Marshall1960B-V30s\Ambient Mics\Marshall1960B-V30s-KM84-Room-R.wav,0.20
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\Marshall1960B-V30s\Ambient Mics\Marshall1960B-V30s-KM84-Room-L.wav,0.20
Speakerbox\48 KHz-24bit\Celestion-Blue12\Ambient Mics\CelestionBlue12-KM84-Room-L.wav,0.05
Speakerbox\48 KHz-24bit\Celestion-Blue12\Ambient Mics\CelestionBlue12-KM84-Room-R.wav,0.05

Awesome. I was hoping this thread would show up. I haven't had time to start any IR mixing yet but as soon as things calm down, I'm all over it.
Thanks Scott

Maybe you can put a link to the IR mixer in this thread? I think it's buried in the original. I haven't even downloaded it yet.

kev said:
Awesome. I was hoping this thread would show up. I haven't had time to start any IR mixing yet but as soon as things calm down, I'm all over it.
Thanks Scott

Maybe you can put a link to the IR mixer in this thread? I think it's buried in the original. I haven't even downloaded it yet.

It is here: http://www.redwirez.com/ir/IRmixer.zip
AlbertA's converter is here: http://guitarlogic.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0 (direct link to download the file): http://guitarlogic.org/index.php?PHPSES ... od;dl=get9

The Red Wirez site is here: www.redwirez.com

GuitarDojo said:
This would be the tutorial ?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9347

My own personal process was not so involved. I am not so smart, I just started with different stuff, mixed them and dropped them into the Axe-FX, listened and then adjusted from there. Sort of trial and error with educated guessing involved. :D

What matters, in the end, is that I then play tested these with a real band at real stage levels and they worked for what I needed to hear. No matter what the path chosen to 'get there' in the end all that matters is that we 'get there'.

I think as time goes on and we see other guys' preferences and 'recipes' that we'll find them as diverse as we are as players. And that's a good thing too.

What I've got now are complex, fully mixed high resolution IR's completely optimized for their applications for me; and taking up only a few user slots. I am working on others and my hope is that with the Red Wirez folks doing new speakers and cabs over time that I can have 10 totally optimal cab setups inside the Axe-FX for any number of amp types that I use. In fact, the 4 main tones here are the bulk of what I actually use day-to-day in my bands for electric guitar tones.

It is exciting to be able to do this and end up using only one user slot per preset to pull it off.

With folks like Fractal and Red Wirez out there doing insanely cool things for us to allow for these complex organic tones to be created... it makes being alive to play guitar and make music in this day and age very exciting and cool. My hat is off.

Well, here's one of mine...

TweedDeluxeP12R-CVL.txt

________
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\TweedDeluxeP12R\Royer R121\TweedDeluxeP12R-R121-CapEdge-4in.wav,0.25
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\TweedDeluxeP12R\Royer R121\TweedDeluxeP12R-R121-Cap-3in.wav,0.30
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\TweedDeluxeP12R\Ambient Mics\TweedDeluxeP12R-KM84-BackOfCab-0in.wav,0.15
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\TweedDeluxeBlue\Ambient Mics\TweedDeluxeBlue-KM84-Room-R.wav,0.15
BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\TweedDeluxeBlue\Ambient Mics\TweedDeluxeBlue-KM84-Room-L.wav,0.15
________

[attachment=0:2iim6un8]TweedDeluxeP12R-CVL.txt.zip[/attachment:2iim6un8]

More to come...

Fusion's been on sale lately. ~$35 from Amazon...

I'm pretty sure the blender script works fine on older/much cheaper Windows versions...

Scott P - thanks again for sharing - I used your earlier mix of a Marshall cab at rehearsal tonight - sounded great, so I can't wait to try to new improved model.
:D

I think there's something wrong with the sysex files in your zip - they're only about 2K uncompressed - should be about 8K for the AxeFX 1024 samples. I had no trouble mixing my own anyway, so no problem.

GM Arts said:
Scott P - thanks again for sharing - I used your earlier mix of a Marshall cab at rehearsal tonight - sounded great, so I can't wait to try to new improved model.

I think there's something wrong with the sysex files in your zip - they're only about 2K uncompressed - should be about 8K for the AxeFX 1024 samples. I had no trouble mixing my own anyway, so no problem.

Those are not sysex files for the IR's - they are recipes. You cannot share the IR's, just the 'road map' of them.

Scott Peterson said:
[quote="GM Arts":1wjvkj82]Scott P - thanks again for sharing - I used your earlier mix of a Marshall cab at rehearsal tonight - sounded great, so I can't wait to try to new improved model.

Those are not sysex files for the IR's - they are recipes. You cannot share the IR's, just the 'road map' of them.[/quote:1wjvkj82]

Sure, Scott - I had no trouble with the mix files - I realise now the sysex files are demo patches, not IRs - my bad :eek:
thx again.

iaresee said:
claudel said:
Fusion's been on sale lately. ~$35 from Amazon...

I just ported mixIR to OS X last night. :D

I'll release the results tonight.

Outstanding.

Just because I can run Windows doesn't mean that I want to... :ugeek:

Looking forward to it.

If you didn't already know, and for anyone else who might be interested, sox is available via macports

There's also prefab binaries floating around teh Interwebs

Thank you Scott for letting us know.

However, I tried to open this batch folder as per instructions by downloading the file in my Redwirez folder and unzipping it.

MS-DOS won't open either the mixIR.bat file or the mixIR-vista.bat file and the programme won't run.

Error message:

'The system cannot find the path specified.

Using IR base folder: ''''
File not found press any key to continue.'

Anybody got any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom