Red Wirez IR Mixer

MSS said:
Thank You Red Wirez for the new mixer. The old one did not work on Windows 7 64 bit. This one does!

Also, redwire, for those that have purchased the Red Wirez cabs....how do you feel about sharing cab mixes with others that have purchased? Maybe in the future you can host a forum for this. That way you can authenticate users/purchasers.

-Mike

He's been very clear that you can share the text recipe so the other owners can mix their own, but you cannot share the actual mixed IR.

ok. thanks Scott. Maybe we should start a post with recipes and pin it. I'm kind of new at making IR's here and actually before the Axe, I was quite content mic'ing up my cabs with a 57. All that changed last year when I dumped most of gear for the Ultra. Now, I'm obsessed with cabs and Ir's etc.

I auditioned the RW cabs by ear in Sonar with a dry recorded Axe signal and then sent the cabs I liked off to the Axe/FRatomic. I then tried an IR mix of the mic'd cabs I liked with the ambient mics and sent it to the Axe. My first attempt did not sound so good and quite honestly I don't have the sound room experience to know which reference Mic mixes I might like to help narrow it down so I have to try them all. Man, if it weren't for the RW faq about which cab and mic combos to try first.....I would still be in my studio! A pinned RW recipe post would be very helpful.

-Mike

MSS said:
ok. thanks Scott. Maybe we should start a post with recipes and pin it. I'm kind of new at making IR's here and actually before the Axe, I was quite content mic'ing up my cabs with a 57. All that changed last year when I dumped most of gear for the Ultra. Now, I'm obsessed with cabs and Ir's etc.

I auditioned the RW cabs by ear in Sonar with a dry recorded Axe signal and then sent the cabs I liked off to the Axe/FRatomic. I then tried an IR mix of the mic'd cabs I liked with the ambient mics and sent it to the Axe. My first attempt did not sound so good and quite honestly I don't have the sound room experience to know which reference Mic mixes I might like to help narrow it down so I have to try them all. Man, if it weren't for the RW faq about which cab and mic combos to try first.....I would still be in my studio! A pinned RW recipe post would be very helpful.

-Mike

Mike,

I did start and there is a long running IR mix recipe thread here on this forum (in this section).

Remember that in the DAW, the IR's are full length so the 'room' settings have the 'room' in them; in essence they are reverb IR's. When you shorten the IR to put it in the Axe-FX, you cut out ALL the "Room" from the IR. So it is NOT an A/B thing if you are using the longer IR's in your DAW versus what you send up to the Axe-FX. Knock the IR's down to 1024 length and you'll be much more apples/apples when comparing to the DAW.

I included "Axe-Fx" truncated IRs in an update I sent out a month or so ago. They will sound pretty much the same in your DAW and in the Axe-Fx. You can get the update using the download link sent in you original email and the update email i sent out.

Having trouble mixing the Redwirez IRs...

This is what the log says:

IRMIXERTROUBLE.jpg

I am using OSx Tiger, on a mac book. So maybe here is the problem...

Any help my friends?!

Intel Mac or Power PC (PPC)? It's not compatible with PPC macs. If you're on Intel, did you install the library package that the manual talks about? Don't install the library package if you have a PPC Mac.

I will copypaste the issue that the poster ninja 9 has, thst is also the exact same issue that mine:

Cleaning up temp files from previous run...
Getting mix specs from: /Users/maxwalker/Music/Red Wire Impulses/mixIR/ir-mix-specs/.
Found 2 mix specs.
Processing mix spec: .DS_Store...
Nothing to mix. Only one IR in the mix spec: .DS_Store.
Processing mix spec: test-mix.txt...
Mixing IRs...
Created temporary file: test-mix.txt.wav
Mix must have failed. Can't locate mixed file.
Normalization failed. Can't locate normalized file.
Finished processing: test-mix.txt. Check your ir-mixes folder.

And when I double click the sox icon, as suggested in the manual, I get this:

Last login: Sun Nov 22 21:42:15 on ttyp1
/Users/maxwalker/Music/Red\ Wire\ Impulses/mixIR/bin/sox; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
max-walkers-computer:~ maxwalker$ /Users/maxwalker/Music/Red\ Wire\ Impulses/mixIR/bin/sox; exit
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/maxwalker/Music/Red Wire Impulses/mixIR/bin/sox
Reason: Incompatible library version: sox requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
Trace/BPT trap
logout
[Process completed]

I m on an Intel Mac, and I installed the library like half a dozen times! it installs fine, but look at the blackened words

Is it possible that your shell path is causing an older/incompatible libiconv.2.dylib to be accessed before the correct one?

Another possibility is that the libiconv.2.dylib is installed in a different location...

Use the finder search to find libiconv.2.dylib and see where it is and if it is the correct version for the mixer...

Well, I'm using an open-source tool to do most of the heavy lifting. The developers no longer care about Tiger and don't provide binaries for it and since it's open source and they do the work for free, I can't ask them to make one. I don't have access to a Tiger machine to compile a version of sox that links to the included libraries, so I can't make one either. I'm not even sure that would work, anyway and I'd rather spend the time making a web-based version which wouldn't have these compatibility problems (I'm sure it would have others :roll:). Which I think is the route I'm going to take. I'll PM you guys when I have a beta.

redwire said:
I included "Axe-Fx" truncated IRs in an update I sent out a month or so ago. They will sound pretty much the same in your DAW and in the Axe-Fx. You can get the update using the download link sent in you original email and the update email i sent out.

Mike, Do the truncated IRs differ from your wav IRs converted with Alberta's converter? If so, can you send me the link to the update again? If they are essentially the same then no worries.

Thanks,
Gary

Axisman5150 said:
Mike, Do the truncated IRs differ from your wav IRs converted with Alberta's converter? If so, can you send me the link to the update again? If they are essentially the same then no worries.

Thanks,
Gary

AlbertA's converter truncates to 1024 samples just like the wavs I posted. The only difference is that he wraps them in sysex format. Mine are just wav files for use in a DAW. So, if you want sysex files, then there's no need to download. If you want wav files that will sound the same in your DAW as they do in the Axe-Fx then you should download the truncated files.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Mike. I'm fine with the files I have then,thanks!

Looking forward to the updates.

All\

I am so close, I got my Wav file from the redwirez IR Mixer (used Scott's Marshall Cab but with Vox AC 30 as I don't have speaker box). worked like a charm after a few syntax issues.

Loaded up AlbertA's Ir converter, Opened up the IR Wav file from the IR mixer, I can see all the plot's etc. Great.
But when I click on "save As" I can choose a location and a file format (I assume I need the default .syx) but I can't see anywhere to type a filename and consequently the "save" button is greyed out?? so I can't save it to .syx to be able to download.

I'm running Snow Leopard on an intel Mac.

Please help - I am so close.

cheers

I experienced the same. Just use Batch in the File menu, it'll do the job.

SparkyG said:
All\

I am so close, I got my Wav file from the redwirez IR Mixer (used Scott's Marshall Cab but with Vox AC 30 as I don't have speaker box). worked like a charm after a few syntax issues.

Loaded up AlbertA's Ir converter, Opened up the IR Wav file from the IR mixer, I can see all the plot's etc. Great.
But when I click on "save As" I can choose a location and a file format (I assume I need the default .syx) but I can't see anywhere to type a filename and consequently the "save" button is greyed out?? so I can't save it to .syx to be able to download.

I'm running Snow Leopard on an intel Mac.

Please help - I am so close.

cheers

redwire said:
I'd rather spend the time making a web-based version which wouldn't have these compatibility problems (I'm sure it would have others :roll:). Which I think is the route I'm going to take. I'll PM you guys when I have a beta.

Oh, that would be nice!!!!

Also tried in my frinds macbook intel with leopard, same problem...

I am sad...

Cthulhu said:
redwire said:
I'd rather spend the time making a web-based version which wouldn't have these compatibility problems (I'm sure it would have others :roll:). Which I think is the route I'm going to take. I'll PM you guys when I have a beta.

Oh, that would be nice!!!!

Also tried in my frinds macbook intel with leopard, same problem...

I am sad...

The library package mentioned in the manual should fix the Leopard problem. But, there is no easy solution for Tiger and PPC.

I've developed a web-based version with the same functionality as the current mixer (which isn't much, admittedly).

You need to get a personal link to use it. You can get the link here: http://www.redwirez.com/getmixirlink.jsp

I'm going to let you guys beta test it for a while before I release it to the public.

It works the same way as the current mixer. Meaning you need to paste in a mix recipe, click the mix button and download the mixed IR in wav format. You need to then convert the wav IR into a sysex file compatible with the Axe-Fx. I recommend AlbertA's conversion tool.

Eventually, I will add the option to get a sysex file directly from the mixIR. I'm also working on streamlining the interface and making it easier to use.

The focus of this release is to give "everyone" at least a basic ability to mix IRs.

Back
Top Bottom