Red Wirez IR Mixer

You could probably do this in a daw by setting up multiple IR's panned the way you want and taking a left and right impulse. Loaded in the axe set up a stereo cab or 2 mono cabs panned hard left/right.

randocaster said:
You could probably do this in a daw by setting up multiple IR's panned the way you want and taking a left and right impulse. Loaded in the axe set up a stereo cab or 2 mono cabs panned hard left/right.

Of course, I just wanted to know if Redwirez online mixer will be able to do the same in the future. :)

Probably not. It would be of limited utility. DAW users can do it quite easily without using the mixIR and Axe-Fx users can't load stereo IRs.

Slightly off topic but what the heck...

The IR mixer is great as is but it would be even "more awesomer" if in addition to entering recipes directly, I could choose and add speakers/cabs from those that I have purchased from some kind of combo box - or better yet some hierarchical container widget.
E.g.

- My Speaker Cab
+- 0" SM57 speaker edge
+- 0" R121 ...
+- ...
- My second speaker cab
+- ...

Then once I've added my cabs I could mix the decibels with sliders. Ideally the mixer would do the calculation of max db and automatically lowering other cabs when I increase one in order to keep all my cabs/speakers, including mixed ones, uniformly loud.

Just my $.02 :)

Someone can help me ?? ...
I have redwirez bigbox ... I have understand how I can use it with my axe editor to upload to my axe fx ultra... but I have tried the IR MIXER but I can't understand what is my mistake.

I have putted the IR MIXER in the redwirez folder ... I have created ( for a test ) an ir mix specs ...like this :

Vintage Classics/'75 Hiwatt SE4123 • 50-watt Fane Purplebacks/BIGBox/48 KHz-24bit/HiwattSE4123-Fanes/Ambient Mics/HiwattSE4123-Fanes-TC30-Back-0in.wav,0.80
Vintage Classics/'75 Hiwatt SE4123 • 50-watt Fane Purplebacks/BIGBox/48 KHz-24bit/HiwattSE4123-Fanes/Neumann KM84/HiwattSE4123-Fanes-KM84-Cap-0in.wav,0.20
Vintage Classics/'75 Hiwatt SE4123 • 50-watt Fane Purplebacks/BIGBox/48 KHz-24bit/HiwattSE4123-Fanes/Ambient Mics/HiwattSE4123-Fanes-R121-NullAndWall-6in.wav,0.80

Than I have opened the irmixer and I have set the Ir base paths to my red wire impulses folder.
Everything i would be perfect ...but the ir mixer can't process the file and tell me :

Processing mix spec: prova.txt...
IR file missing: C:\Users\simbiosi\Documents\Red Wire impulses\Vintage Classics\'75 Hiwatt SE4123 ? 50-watt Fane Purplebacks\BIGBox\48 KHz-24bit\HiwattSE4123-Fanes\Ambient Mics\HiwattSE4123-Fanes-TC30-Back-0in.wav. Please make sure your IR Base Path points to the Red Wire Impulses folder and that you have the WAV-formatted IR files installed.

I can't understand ...because se path is perfect ... and I have the wav installed on it.

pleaseee helllpp meeeee ( sorry for poor english but i'm italian )
Thanks

ahh it's ok ... I have dowloaded the Ir mixer from the link in this discussion and I have thought that I can use it offline ... thanks a lot for the help.

The offline version works for some people but it was such a giant pain to support the many configurations that we can't support it any more. The online version has the added advantage of spitting out Axe-Fx files and WAV files, both.

Back
Top Bottom