Red Wirez Cab Impulses

Soultrash said:
@format issues:

why not asking the guys from "Red Wirez" to convert the IR's
into axe-fx format themselves!? ;)

i would really like to try and buy the impulses but i
don't have the time and the patience to convert every IR into axe format :mrgreen:

cheers
S.

Because it took under 5 minutes to convert all of them. The IR converter will do bulk processing. You don't have to do them one at a time.

Well, I took the plunge too and got the Big Box bundle. Like everyone else, I am liking these VERY much. :D
I converted them all to use in the Axe and messed around with the 2 Marshall cabs and blended the V30 and Greenbacks in a patch with the trainwreck and sounds great! Did 2 mesa cabs with a sm57 and a md421 with a Petrucci mkII patch I had and it really opened up the amp tone. At least that's how I can describe it. The Ir's are very good and I think they'll be popular here once the word gets out.

I completely retract this message. See below. My apologies to Redwirez - they are making a great product of their own, and I was wrong.

Wow :shock:
Man if it's true that's pretty sad and I feel bad for Recabinet.
Did you go to Gearslutz (New Product Alert) and post this too?

I wonder if they will grant that money back gaurantee they offered. Worth a try for you to see if it's legit.
I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.

Can't you track the pirated version to see where it came from? Watermarked?

Kazrog said:
I've spent my day doing tons of spectral analysis and other processes like this, comparing like-for-like cabinets and mics from Recabinet 2.0 with Redwirez Big Box, over and over throughout both libraries, and they all bear the same traits as shown in this picture.
I design loudspeakers for a living. I have tested loudspeakers with state-of-the-art spectrum analysis equipment and techniques for more than 25 years. When two different testers take data on the same loudspeaker, their results are typically much closer than the two data sets you're comparing here. (Hint: you'll get a much better idea of the audible significance of spectral content if you use a logarithmic, rather than linear, frequency display.) The two graphs you present are representative of huge sonic differences. (Another hint: the more-than-10dB difference at 2kHz between your IR and the "pirated" one is substantial, and there are other equally substantial differences.)

In other words, Redwirez IRs follow the exact same contours as their counterpart Recabinet 2.0 IRs,
As a loudspeaker design professional, I claim you are mistaken. Not only are there major technical differences between the two data sets you show, there will be huge sonic differences between them. There is no evidence in what you show to support your allegation. That does not mean it is incorrect, but, absent real evidence, the presumption must be that it is.

Needless to say, I have considerable legal ammunition here.
So far, you have not presented any credible evidence. As a sometime consultant to attorneys on technical issues related to patents and the like, I can say that your data does not support your allegation. You can easily get an attorney to write a letter. Enforcing IP rights in court is another matter.

aleclee said:
Sounds more like Red Warez :(

No way man... I'm going by ear only....
but I don't see any resemblance between the two libraries.

Shane!... relax, take deep breath and just consider the possibility that you are wrong.
Once relaxed listen with your ears, listen to the Marshall with the Greenbacks... then try to find any impulse in your library that sounds even remotely close... I don't think you will find one.

;)

Kazrog said:
Redwirez-vs-Recabinet.png

:shock:

Sorry but this image shows that the impulses are not identical or even close.

:?: :!:

OK quick test.

One amp "BRIT 800" and one impulse.
Nothing else, no EQ, compressor, normalizing or any other processing.... and no MP3!
I did match the levels by ear as best as I could because the Red Wirez are louder (and longer).
THESE ARE WAVE FILES 16bit 44.1Khz so don't stream if you have slow connection.

ReCabinet 4x12 Green 6L6 U87 CAP 1"
http://www.andras-shimon.com/TEMP/ReCab ... _1inch.wav

ReCabinet 4x12 Green EL34 U87 CAP 1"
http://www.andras-shimon.com/TEMP/ReCab ... _1inch.wav

RedWirez 4x12 Green U87 CAP 1"
http://www.andras-shimon.com/TEMP/RedWi ... _1inch.wav

You be the judge.
Download and analize it in your wave editor.
Note the difference in the tale (fade out) at the end. (room come into play?)

:?:

Ok. Thanks for retracting your posts and clearing the air, Kazrog. I'm deleting my detailed response. No need to have it up any more. I'm just not comfortable having that much personal information floating around on the Internet.

-- Mike G

Sorry this happend Mike. Thanks for posting to let us know the facts.
Very happy with your IR's and looking forward to more.

Wow........ :shock:

Edit: Just re-read your reply redwire. Speaking as a Recabinet and a Red Wire owner, please DO mic up that B15, brother!

I bought the Big Box set and the Celestion Blue. Unfortunately, family duties prevented me from spending as much time with them as I wanted this weekend, but my first impressions after a couple of hours with the IR's were that the Redwire set were clearly better sounding. I got a basic Marshall sound much quicker and more satisfying with the Red Wire impulses. I tried a test where I flipped quickly between the same cabinet and mic setting starting with a close setting and moving outward. It sounded very much the way I would expect it to sound and the eq change seemed very natural. I want to delve into the Vox set next because I was bitterly disappointed by the Recabinet Vintage set, which I bought primarily for the Vox IR's.

I have to agree, the IRs sound very different.

Leveling these accusations and damaging a persons credibility without substantial proof is extremely disheartening. It is also a great way to lose customers plus your own creditability.

All I have to say is thank you to Red Wirez for coming out with some credible competition to ReCabinet (IMHO, YMMV).

I'm glad that someone finally came with a commercial release that uses a solid state adequately flat frequency response amplification system (ie Bryston 4B) for sending the impulses through the cabinets as opposed to using the valve power amp sections of the amps. Just shows the person knows what they are doing.

My only hesitation would be the fact they used mic preamps for the mics and you would just have to remember not to feed that signal through a second mic preamp - otherwise for straight direct - this is actually a BIG bonus in my books (IMHO). Yay! Neve preamps! heheh...

I'll be purchasing a copy soon...

TimmyM

Mike G, your response was far more measured and civil than mine would have been..........I commend you on your restraint. Unfortunately sometimes people insist on using their mouths (or keyboards as the case may be) before using their brains.

I would strongly suggest to the Recab people that they come up with some real evidence of wrong doing or retract their statements. These are serious accusations and should not be made on a whim. At the very least you should make sure that you understand the data that you are presenting as "evidence".

p

OK, wow....

I stand corrected. I am extremely sorry. In fact, I will go as far as to say that these IRs actually sound awesome!!

Mike, I really feel I have taken the wrong approach here, I should have at least contacted you first with my concerns. I feel pretty lame and stupid about it. It's been a crazy week and I've had to deal with a lot of BS surrounding the leak, and the fact that you sampled so much of the same gear, have a similar folder structure, and have very similar text in some places on your site is, I suppose a reflection of all the things I'm doing right (until today anyway), and not you being a pirate.

As a token of my gratitude for you being so understanding (and actually funny) about this, I will link to your site as a recommended product. You're doing great work and to me as a musician and producer myself (not just an "IR guy") it's great having another set of options.

Again, I'm very sorry and I will sleep easier knowing that you're doing legit awesome work. I'm actually glad to be wrong.

Kazrog said:
OK, wow....

I stand corrected. I am extremely sorry. In fact, I will go as far as to say that these IRs actually sound awesome!!

Mike, I really feel I have taken the wrong approach here, I should have at least contacted you first with my concerns. I feel pretty lame and stupid about it. It's been a crazy week and I've had to deal with a lot of BS surrounding the leak, and the fact that you sampled so much of the same gear, have a similar folder structure, and have very similar text in some places on your site is, I suppose a reflection of all the things I'm doing right (until today anyway), and not you being a pirate.

As a token of my gratitude for you being so understanding (and actually funny) about this, I will link to your site as a recommended product. You're doing great work and to me as a musician and producer myself (not just an "IR guy") it's great having another set of options.

Again, I'm very sorry and I will sleep easier knowing that you're doing legit awesome work. I'm actually glad to be wrong.

Ok. Awesome. Thanks for setting the record straight. I'm not a guy who enjoys conflict, so I'm glad that's resolved. As far as the similarities go, like you said, I think it really is a testament to the things you did right, you definitely picked the right cabs and mics and chose some pretty nice preamps as well. I would have been remiss not to sample some of the same stuff. It's all legendary after all. But, I should have been more sensitive to how it looked.

I really don't expect you to post a link to my site, but it's a really nice gesture.

As for similarities in the text, I was reading a lot of amp modeling related ad copy and user manuals, including yours, when I wrote the site, so I'm not surprised some similar stuff crept in.

No worries. Peace once again reigns over IR land.

Peter Hundley said:
Mike G, your response was far more measured and civil than mine would have been..........I commend you on your restraint. Unfortunately sometimes people insist on using their mouths (or keyboards as the case may be) before using their brains.

I would strongly suggest to the Recab people that they come up with some real evidence of wrong doing or retract their statements. These are serious accusations and should not be made on a whim. At the very least you should make sure that you understand the data that you are presenting as "evidence".

p

I agree that I was rash, however given the circumstances (lots of very odd coincidences, most notably it being the same cabs, and the week following my product being pirated on Rapidshare), and given that the right processing actually could account for the consistent differences inherent in the IRs that I looked at today (there is a repeating trend in the frequency response differences, relative to Recabinet - mostly because of the Neve 1073 vs. the API 3124.)

I knew that there was a small chance that I was wrong - but when I weighed all the coincidences together, I felt as though it would be gullible of me to assume that that it was all just a series of coincidences, and I certainly didn't want anyone investing their money into an illegal, derivative product.

Again, I stand corrected and I actually highly recommend the Redwirez IRs, they're killer!

I was restrained because I really did see his point. It was a pretty screwed up set of coincidences. I think the two libraries will diverge significantly at this point, now that the stuff I consider core is done, so that should help.

Back
Top Bottom