Red Wirez Cab Impulses

Scott Peterson said:
redwire said:
Nice samples Scott :)
I think at some point, it's simply a 'mental' thing that you want a virtual 'Bogner' cab with your Bogner amp block. In reality, the tone, IMHO, is already here. Now.

I think this is a key point and a reason why we should tweak with our ears instead of our eyes or head. Goes with amp sims too... many people keep asking for many different amp sims, when in fact alot of these things sound similar and there probably is already something in the box that will give you what you want.

steveb said:
many people keep asking for many different amp sims, when in fact alot of these things sound similar and there probably is already something in the box that will give you what you want.

In high gain territory, maybe. Less so with vintage amps I think. That's one area (meaning the vintage amp selections in the Ultra) I wish changed a bit. The high-gainers are pretty much covered in the current firmware. Even in the current Redwire's Bigbox bundle, we get 3 cabs with V30 in them out of 7 cabs.

Let's deal with the vintagers now gentlemen. They are more numerous than you think :mrgreen:

Deltones said:
Let's deal with the vintagers now gentlemen. They are more numerous than you think :mrgreen:
Did you get the survey request email from Red Wirez? They sent out a customer survey last week and it there were a ton of vintage speaker and cab combos you got to prioritize -- tell them which you wanted captured next.

iaresee said:
Deltones said:
Did you get the survey request email from Red Wirez? They sent out a customer survey last week and it there were a ton of vintage speaker and cab combos you got to prioritize -- tell them which you wanted captured next.

Yeah, I received it. Don't worry man, I pretty much covered the vintage cabs in my survey replies :D

I got the survey too... I would marry pie even if it was illegal AND people looked at me funny at the drivethrough :eek:

redwire said:
We're doing one in the Speakerbox series (which is a completely open back cab). Can't say when exactly. We should have the Earthworks TC30 IRs done in October, but we'll have to wait for the other mics to release it. You can sign up for updates on either of the product pages and we'll send you emails about what we're doing and when.

Thanks for your support.

Are you producing far-field IR's for the existing Big Box and Speakerbox series and releasing them before adding additional, new cabinet IR's to the packages? I'm very much interested in far-field IR's...

Stratoblaster said:
redwire said:
We're doing one in the Speakerbox series (which is a completely open back cab). Can't say when exactly. We should have the Earthworks TC30 IRs done in October, but we'll have to wait for the other mics to release it. You can sign up for updates on either of the product pages and we'll send you emails about what we're doing and when.

Thanks for your support.

Are you producing far-field IR's for the existing Big Box and Speakerbox series and releasing them before adding additional, new cabinet IR's to the packages? I'm very much interested in far-field IR's...

I have the BigBox and it already has far feild IRs. It has up to 12" on most mics as well as a room mic. Is that what you are looking for or have I lost the plot?

Stratoblaster said:
redwire said:

Thanks for your support.

We are taking far-field samples with an Earthworks TC30 into an Earthworks 1022 in a couple of weeks. By far-field we mean at 3 meters using a ground planing technique. We will release them as a free update to the existing cabs shortly after.

redwire said:
Stratoblaster said:
redwire said:

Thanks for your support.

We are taking far-field samples with an Earthworks TC30 into an Earthworks 1022 in a couple of weeks. By far-field we mean at 3 meters using a ground planing technique. We will release them as a free update to the existing cabs shortly after.

That's pretty interesting. Will the free update apply to purchasers of the Speakerbox IR's as well, or only for the Big Box IR's?

Brian G said:
That's pretty interesting. Will the free update apply to purchasers of the Speakerbox IR's as well, or only for the Big Box IR's?

It applies to everything we've done so far, Speakerbox and BIGBox.

redwire said:
Brian G said:

Thanks Mike. That justifies me going ahead and purchasing another model, knowing that I don't have to duplicate purchases when the files using the calibrated mic come down.

xpenno said:
I have the BigBox and it already has far feild IRs. It has up to 12" on most mics as well as a room mic. Is that what you are looking for or have I lost the plot?

I'm interested in the far-field IR's as described by Redwirez which give more of the overall cabinet sound:

redwire said:

xpenno: I liked your tone with the Plexi1/Redwire combo overtop of the Pink Floyd backing track a lot...

just downloaded the redwirez ir's
recorded my guitar with the axe but without a cab
copied the track on my sequencer
so now there are two identical track but without a speakercab
applied a different cab (ir) to each track and now I can mix them just as i want
maybe I'll try more cabs tomorrow
works very good

redwire said:
Did I say 3m? I meant 2m.

Gotcha...I'm looking forward to checking out the far-field IR's when they become available.

redwire said:
Brian G said:

Great...good to hear.

I've now spent quite a bit of time with the Celestion Blue (Speakerbox Series) and also some time, but less, with the Tweed Deluxe P12R.

I'm knocked out by the Blue; not having tried the Big Box version of the same speaker, don't know how it compares, but I'm loving the Speakerbox version. No boxiness in the sound, big, "open" and very responsive to what you put into it. I prefer the 6" and 12" off-axis mic placements, which unfortunately are only available with certain mics, e.g. the Royer. I don't care for the closer mic placements - the low end boost from proximity effect is too obvious. Should be interesting to see how these come off with the Earthworks mic and more of a farfield mic placement.

I'm thinking that I prefer the freedom from the boxiness of the cab sounds, but this might be psychological too.

These IR's make the QSC sound like it just had a major kick in the . . . . er . . . upgrades.

In a couple of days I'll be able to check out the Red Wires IR's thru the Adam A7's, should be interesting to see how they translate in a different situation.

Back
Top Bottom