Red Wirez Cab Impulses

hp/mp said:
How often and soon will the current big box be updated? I know if you buy the big box you get a discount for future updates, but if I'm thinking about just waiting until it's updated (if it's in only a month or few) and buy it then.

Mike (redwire) posted somewhere earlier in this thread that the newer cabs will be done before the end of the year and there will probably be a second seperate bundle. Also, if you get the Big Box now, then all the new additions will be 20% off.

definitely worth the price of admission!!!
I have used a couple and shazam! they are the bomb, I would love to be able
to load a bunch of these into the axe and replace some of the current ones I will never use, maybe someday!

mtlin said:
Do any of you know what the Null & Wall impulses represent? Is this some sort of micing technique?

It's a figure-8 mic 90 degrees off-axis. Since the speaker is in the null point of the mic, you get a lot of reflections.

So, I'm having a bit of a difficulty with IRmixer too

I have the IRmixer directory in the same directory as the BIGBox and the Speakerbox directories, but when I launch the batch file I get

Using IR base folder: "..\"

Mixing files...
./bin/sox FAIL formats: can't open input file `0.10': No such file or directory
Normalizing IR...
./bin/sox FAIL formats: can't open input file `.\tmp\test-mix.txt.wav': No such
file or directory
Converting to pcm24...
Not able to open input file .\tmp\test-mix.txt-norm.wav.
System error : The operation completed successfully.

Deleting temp files...
Could Not Find G:\Downloads\Red Wire Impulses\IRmixer\tmp\test-mix.txt-norm.wav
Could Not Find G:\Downloads\Red Wire Impulses\IRmixer\tmp\test-mix.txt.wav
Done. Look for test-mix.txt.wav in ir-mixes.
Press any key to continue . . .

:?: :?: :?:

Anyway, it happens while running it under both Vista and Win7 beta under VMware Fusion. :roll: It's what I have.

I tried reunzipping but I'm not sure what else I might try.

Any chance of a native OS X version? :lol: A clue for me would do, really.

TIA

I think they must have changed the "For" command in Vista (and Win7). I can't be sure because I don't have either to test with.

I uploaded a new version that has a mixIR-vista.bat file that should work on Vista. Give it a try and PM with the results.

Thanks.

redwire said:
I think they must have changed the "For" command in Vista (and Win7). I can't be sure because I don't have either to test with.

I uploaded a new version that has a mixIR-vista.bat file that should work on Vista. Give it a try and PM with the results.

Thanks.

PM Sent...

Ok. The IR Mixer is working on Vista and Windows 7 now. Thanks.

For those of you just tuning in. The IR Mixer is a little tool I hacked up to mix IRs without a DAW. It is not part of the IR library, nor do I have any plans to include it.

One thing that these fantastic RedWirez cabs have taught me is that there are no longer enough user cab slots! :twisted:

Looks like I need to get into cab-combining ;)

xpenno said:
One thing that these fantastic RedWirez cabs have taught me is that there are no longer enough user cab slots! :twisted:

And there you are. I've been cooking my cab receipes up the last few hours. Wow, what power. Sounds better too running a high res mono cab once you are all done instead of what I was doing.

The fact that I can try different ratio's of this cab/mic to that cab/mic and can mix as many as I like... head spinning.

I've found a good mix for what I like though... so far. Such fun! :D

I'm guessing it's probably OK to share blend recipes in the form of ir-mix-specs files to feed into the blender script, no?

Scott Peterson said:
xpenno said:

And there you are. I've been cooking my cab receipes up the last few hours. Wow, what power. Sounds better too running a high res mono cab once you are all done instead of what I was doing.

The fact that I can try different ratio's of this cab/mic to that cab/mic and can mix as many as I like... head spinning.

I'm away for the weekend but Sunday afternoon is looking like a good candidate, I have 5 rough combos that I am working on at the moment once I have then tweaked up I'll 'bounce them down' and start again on a new batch. This is a fantastic idea and full credit goes to whoever came up with the idea, Andrew? Redwire? I don't know I just love it!

Anyone got any opinions on a good method/software for testing multi cab combos in realtime outside of the axe (in a PC)?

Cheers

Spence

xpenno said:
Scott Peterson said:
xpenno said:

I'm away for the weekend but Sunday afternoon is looking like a good candidate, I have 5 rough combos that I am working on at the moment once I have then tweaked up I'll 'bounce them down' and start again on a new batch. This is a fantastic idea and full credit goes to whoever came up with the idea, Andrew? Redwire? I don't know I just love it!

Anyone got any opinions on a good method/software for testing multi cab combos in realtime outside of the axe (in a PC)?

Cheers

Spence

Here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9347&p=90391&hilit=kefir#p90391

I almost bought the Mesa Rectifier impulses but they are from the oversized recto cab want some from the standard size I think they call it the stiletto cab now?

For you guys using the IR Mixer:

You actually need to unzip the contents of the IRmixer.zip file into your Red Wire Impulses folder.

The contents of the Red Wire Impulses folder should look something like this:

BIGBox
SpeakerBox
IRmixer
license.pdf
license.txt

Just opening the zip file and trying to run it from there will not work.

Also, you need to have the IRs as wav files. It will not work with the Axe-Fx sysex files.

Back
Top Bottom