Red SoundMF.10 G66 Edition FRFR Review

Do you folks ever play along with backing tracks (your own or others') through your MF10s? Do they have reasonable low end and highs for that? Or are they really tailored for guitar only?

Reactions: Ole
Do you folks ever play along with backing tracks (your own or others') through your MF10s? Do they have reasonable low end and highs for that? Or are they really tailored for guitar only?
I do use my MF10 and Elis8 for backing tracks etc.
Works pretty well but of course a FRFR Spesker is not a HiFI Speaker.

One Input, Mono only. (the right one)
I’m confused. If I understand Sashman correctly - and I’m sure he knows what he’s talking about -, my one MF.10 will receive one mono signal from my Helix. So even if I use a stereo effect on the Helix - for example a stereo chorus -, I will only send one mono signal to the MF.10.

One mono MF.10 can of course not reproduce a stereo effect, and if I were to hook up a passive MF.10 this mono sound would be reproduced by two cabs. So why is the combination of an active and a passive cab called a stereo bundle by Redsound?

Am I missing something in my reasoning?

I’m confused. If I understand Sashman correctly - and I’m sure he knows what he’s talking about -, my one MF.10 will receive one mono signal from my Helix. So even if I use a stereo effect on the Helix - for example a stereo chorus -, I will only send one mono signal to the MF.10.

One mono MF.10 can of course not reproduce a stereo effect, and if I were to hook up a passive MF.10 this mono sound would be reproduced by two cabs. So why is the combination of an active and a passive cab called a stereo bundle by Redsound?

Am I missing something in my reasoning?
It’s because the active MF 10 and Elis 8 do have a stereo amplifier integrated and when you connect a second passive MF10/Elis 8 you will have a full stereo setup.
But of course you need to feed it with a stereo signal (2 XLR or TRS cables)

Last edited:
This is my first dumb guy question of the year on here. I’ve got 1 powered Elis8. My signal is mono in the fx3 chain (1 IR in cab block with input set to “left”). I connected the left output 1 out of the axe into the right input of the Elis8. My IR balance in the cab block is set to 0 (the middle,evenly balanced). Today I thought what would happen if I turn the balance counter clockwise from 0 all the way to the left to -100? Well, the sound got louder out of the Elis8. My dumb question is: Why is this the case, and if I’m running mono should I turn the balance all the way to the left on all my presets?

This is my first dumb guy question of the year on here. I’ve got 1 powered Elis8. My signal is mono in the fx3 chain (1 IR in cab block with input set to “left”). I connected the left output 1 out of the axe into the right input of the Elis8. My IR balance in the cab block is set to 0 (the middle,evenly balanced). Today I thought what would happen if I turn the balance counter clockwise from 0 all the way to the left to -100? Well, the sound got louder out of the Elis8. My dumb question is: Why is this the case, and if I’m running mono should I turn the balance all the way to the left on all my presets?
No you don’t need to. Check levels on the output meter, if it’s healthy, that’s all that matters. If you want more volume, just turn up the volume knob on the axe or your monitor.

Hey guys, are you looking for an awesome powered Full Range cabinet/speaker. The RedSound MF.10 - G66 Edition is a lightweight, portable and perfect sounding full range solution for your amp modeler or in any situation you need high quality full range sound reproduction!
Best FRFR speakers I've ever tried. Sounds feels and reacts like a real amp in the room. Awesome!
What do you think? What is your favourite FRFR so far?
Cheers Frank

Have you played through Friedman ASC-10’s?

Currently with FM9 I use Bogner 112CP 1x12 box and Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170.
It would be a better option if I took Red SoundMF.10 PRO/M? Thanks

20240121_212033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom