• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Red SoundMF.10 G66 Edition FRFR Review

Greg Ferguson

Experienced
It pays to advertise. I just ordered the ELIS.8. My expectations are high. And reaffirms my disgust for the weakness of the $US.
It pays even more to have happy customers who talk about their products in glowing terms and play with them where others can hear them, encouraging others to buy the product. Red Sound is taking a page from Fractal's playbook on that.

I ordered the ELIS.8 a couple weeks ago, they finished burn-in a little over a week ago, and shipped last Monday. They're currently on the truck from L.A. to here and scheduled for delivery this Monday. Ohhh yeaaah!

My expectations are high also. Marco's demo was the clincher; He gets a good sound, both in videos of him live with his band and in his studio, and his video of the ELIS.8 was equally good, and telling, as they sounded clear and punchy through the things he played as he demo'd.

I like the fact that each ELIS.8 cabinet is about half the width of a standard 1x12" floor wedge, about 2" taller and deeper, so basically the pair is the same footprint of a regular FRFR.

And, yeah, the Dollar was weak against the Euro, and that bothers me, but wasn't about to keep me from ordering the system.

It pays even more to have happy customers who talk about their products in glowing terms and play with them where others can hear them, encouraging others to buy the product. Red Sound is taking a page from Fractal's playbook on that.

I ordered the ELIS.8 a couple weeks ago, they finished burn-in a little over a week ago, and shipped last Monday. They're currently on the truck from L.A. to here and scheduled for delivery this Monday. Ohhh yeaaah!

My expectations are high also. Marco's demo was the clincher; He gets a good sound, both in videos of him live with his band and in his studio, and his video of the ELIS.8 was equally good, and telling, as they sounded clear and punchy through the things he played as he demo'd.

I like the fact that each ELIS.8 cabinet is about half the width of a standard 1x12" floor wedge, about 2" taller and deeper, so basically the pair is the same footprint of a regular FRFR.

And, yeah, the Dollar was weak against the Euro, and that bothers me, but wasn't about to keep me from ordering the system.
I only ordered 1 active vs. the pair. I’m replacing some lower/mid end JBL studio monitors. I’m a hobby, home studio player - maybe once a year play a birthday party with old college friends. I’m assuming it’s a big upgrade for me.

Greg Ferguson

Experienced
I only ordered 1 active vs. the pair. I’m replacing some lower/mid end JBL studio monitors. I’m a hobby, home studio player - maybe once a year play a birthday party with old college friends. I’m assuming it’s a big upgrade for me.
I love the sound of stereo output so that drove that aspect of the purchase. A friend, who I sold my AX8 to, immediately paired it with a set of Headrush's 108 cabinets, and I was stunned how well they handled the volume for the club we were in and how the stereo spread created a massive presence. He said they were right on the edge when he was playing bigger rooms and sometimes would distort so he bought the 112 models also for louder situations. Now he uses either pair just for his stage fill and runs into the FOH system, which results in stunning sound.

Along with the stereo desire, I tend to travel a lot (prior the virus lockdown) and want to be able to take a guitar and amp combo to practice and sit in here and there. One of the ELIS.8 will travel with me for that purpose.

I think their design was intelligent and well thought-out. I'll know in a few days if I was right. :)

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey Frank! In my brief testing so far, it’s interesting that I’ve ended up with almost the exact same EQ as yours before the MF10 to really get it to sing. I’ve done this with the global output EQ at the moment though. I’m guessing you’ve put this in the preset itself so you can adjust per preset?

very cool.
Sukh

Last edited:
Top Bottom