Red Sound Elis8 FRFR Review and MF 10 Comparision

The last several posts motivated me to reconnect my studio monitors to compare to the Elis.8. My conclusion, there is no comparison. It’s 2 completely different sounds. I like both - but for me for 2 different applications/situations.

The last several posts motivated me to reconnect my studio monitors to compare to the Elis.8. My conclusion, there is no comparison. It’s 2 completely different sounds. I like both - but for me for 2 different applications/situations.
Exactly. Even if you listen to 10 different monitors or 10 different FRFR Speakers, every single one will sound different.
There are so many details that have influence of the sound, cab size, material, construction etc. You can compare this to let’s say a V30 Speaker, the same speaker will sound very different in a orange or a Marshall cab etc.
Everyone has to find the speaker/cab that makes him happy.
Have fun while playing!
All the best
Sash

Hi there. I just received my Elis.8. Im pretty happy with the sound quality. Unforunately there seems to be some annoying noise floor present! Even with no input plugged in and volume to 0 there is a noise coming out of both passive and active speaker which sounds like a fan running at low speed.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Hi there. I just received my Elis.8. Im pretty happy with the sound quality. Unforunately there seems to be some annoying noise floor present! Even with no input plugged in and volume to 0 there is a noise coming out of both passive and active speaker which sounds like a fan running at low speed.

Yep, mine had the same issue.

Anyone else notice something

did you contact Mirko from Red Sound?

Thanks for the feedback! What was the solution? Did you get a replacement?
I got a refund. I didn't like them in general. G66 did confirm that the noise wasn't normal, but they were working fine besides that. Never got an answer to what caused it.

My MF10s do make a slight clicking/whirring noise when idling, which is only really noticeable if it is dead quiet in the room and you get close up to the speaker, and is no worse than any other active speaker I’ve had. In normal use, it’s not noticeable at all. For example, my CLRs (I’ve had 4 in total over the years) all produced a VERY noticeable hiss when idling, and that was definitely louder than the idling noise of the MF10s and my Presonus studio monitors emit a slight hum, again more noticeable than the noise from the MF10. I’ve never considered it an issue, as it doesn’t increase with volume and they work great - it’s just a faint noise when my room is dead quiet. But if you’re finding your speaker making some noise that is abnormally loud when idling, then its definitely worth getting in touch with G66 and I’m sure they’ll help.

My MF10s do make a slight clicking/whirring noise when idling, which is only really noticeable if it is dead quiet in the room and you get close up to the speaker, and is no worse than any other active speaker I’ve had. In normal use, it’s not noticeable at all. For example, my CLRs (I’ve had 4 in total over the years) all produced a VERY noticeable hiss when idling, and that was definitely louder than the idling noise of the MF10s and my Presonus studio monitors emit a slight hum, again more noticeable than the noise from the MF10. I’ve never considered it an issue, as it doesn’t increase with volume and they work great - it’s just a faint noise when my room is dead quiet. But if you’re finding your speaker making some noise that is abnormally loud when idling, then its definitely worth getting in touch with G66 and I’m sure they’ll help.
Thank you Sukh, same here with both the MF10 and Elis 8.

My Elis 8 was way noisier than the CLR. So it's probably not the same noise as your MF10. This wasn't hiss or hum (as you can hear in my sound clip), but a rapid clicking noise that was confirmed by G66 to be out of the ordinary. It was way louder than the idle noise of any other speaker I've tried.

It's just a bummer for other people that it apparently wasn't a one time thing.

My Elis 8 was way noisier than the CLR. So it's probably not the same noise as your MF10. This wasn't hiss or hum (as you can hear in my sound clip), but a rapid clicking noise that was confirmed by G66 to be out of the ordinary. It was way louder than the idle noise of any other speaker I've tried.

It's just a bummer for other people that it apparently wasn't a one time thing.

My Elis.8 is not as noisy as my Atomic CLR NEO MKII. The Atomic producses a hiss which also depends on how loud I turn the poweramp on. Overall the weird noises are only noticeable when it's really quite. I'm still impressed with the little speakers!

Back
Top Bottom