Red Sound Elis8 FRFR Review and MF 10 Comparision

It seems more durable like a regular grill cloth and it’s removable.
I forgot to mention Sash, sorry to hijack the thread. Manage to put a deposit on an L3 Fuschia Sparkle today HSS. I've been after one for ages and one finally came in to the store I deal with in the UK. I'm super excited to finally get one and comparing the pickups with my older one.

I forgot to mention Sash, sorry to hijack the thread. Manage to put a deposit on an L3 Fuschia Sparkle today HSS. I've been after one for ages and one finally came in to the store I deal with in the UK. I'm super excited to finally get one and comparing the pickups with my older one.
You will love it.
In comparison with my Firemist Purple L3 with Transition Pickups the new EBMM Pickups are way more dynamic and open sounding, a little less output and less compression than the Transitions, overall a way more crisp and more flexible sounding guitar.
But I love them both.
The L3 is the best Guitar I‘ve ever had in 25 years.
Actually there is also a 2020 L3 in bodhi blue sleeping in it’s case also with EBMM Pickups.
These are the only guitars Inhave and Inhad no GAS since I have them.5A9DBA91-D67A-466E-AEB8-6304A8BEFCD9.jpeg5A9DBA91-D67A-466E-AEB8-6304A8BEFCD9.jpeg

I've been using 1 CLR (12" NEO) for gigging (when we were gigging that is ... ) Sounds best and fullest in the wedge position ("tilt" mode on the speaker switch). Sound can be very loud. I haven't had any issues with not cutting through the mix -- with the FM3 (or the FXIII) we can always EQ and tweak to target the proper sound to cut through

Yes I did.
The CLR are great speakers and they produce a big sound but as I mentioned in my review this is something that in my opinion what is contra productive for a guitar sound. Hard to describe but a guitar should be more in the mix. It Sounds that with a 12 inch speaker, you have to „share“ your Sound on Stage etc.
Great! I actually dig my CLR a lot, but have been waiting for a second one for well over a year now. Maybe even two? Been so long, I've lost count.

These little Elis8 are small enough that I can justify going stereo (and keeping the CLR as a vocal monitor), so I've jumped on the waiting list. Thanks for this review man, I would never have had the courage to go for them without it!

I've been using 1 CLR (12" NEO) for gigging (when we were gigging that is ... ) Sounds best and fullest in the wedge position ("tilt" mode on the speaker switch). Sound can be very loud. I haven't had any issues with not cutting through the mix -- with the FM3 (or the FXIII) we can always EQ and tweak to target the proper sound to cut through
As I wrote above, the CLR is a great speaker, I tried them and it’s just my personal opinion that I prefer the Elis 8 for some reasons.

Well I'm on the waiting list for the stereo bundle. Should be about 1 month they say.

By the way, has anyone tried streaming some music through them? Do they hype any particular frequencies or sound pretty flat?

Anyone know if all the speakers RedSound use in their FRFR cabinets are wizzer speakers? Meaning no crossover and horn.

I have tried a few of these coaxial designs in FRFR cabs before, never been quite happy. I sure hope these ones will break that streak for me.

The "kind of looks like a normal speaker and has normal speaker dimensions" really appeals to me. As a loud FRFR I can keep my office that seems nicer that the really big PA things I have now.

I have tried a few of these coaxial designs in FRFR cabs before, never been quite happy. I sure hope these ones will break that streak for me.
I'm the opposite, I love coaxial speakers. Would never consider anything else when shopping monitors. The dispersion is noticeable better than a horn design for such purposes.

Reactions: JTI
I'm the opposite, I love coaxial speakers. Would never consider anything else when shopping monitors. The dispersion is noticeable better than a horn design for such purposes.

The ones I've tried have always had this weird... sheen? glare? just something about it I can't put my finger on. Granted, most of the stuff I've tried has been on the cheaper side when it comes to coaxial. I have my Adam A7X and my Yamaha DZR 10s that I'm happy with, but I still want something I can just put on the floor, hook up my Axe and go.

The ones I've tried have always had this weird... sheen? glare? just something about it I can't put my finger on. Granted, most of the stuff I've tried has been on the cheaper side when it comes to coaxial. I have my Adam A7X and my Yamaha DZR 10s that I'm happy with, but I still want something I can just put on the floor, hook up my Axe and go.
I have to admit, I've always stuck to a bit more expensive monitors. Atomic CLR, FBT stuff etc. I suspect budget options might not be as good (as with most things).

I did a short test today on rehearsal volume and I can say that the Elis 8 are dead quiet even on full volume, no hiss or hum etc. I‘m again very impressed 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom