Red Bear Picks?

well my redbear should be in tomorrow. (wish it was here today for tonights gig) but ill post something after i try it out

just got the redbear lil jazzer pick in. im just gonna go ahead and say it... its worth every penny. soooo smooth. its got a very velvety attack. just kinda glides across the strings without any friction. i NEVER noticed my jazz III's having ANY friction until i compared one back and forth with the redbear. probably not for everyone but if you have a very discerning taste for tone and feel, id get one. worst case scenario-youre out 20 bucks

just my 2 cents :)

just got the redbear lil jazzer pick in. im just gonna go ahead and say it... its worth every penny. soooo smooth. its got a very velvety attack. just kinda glides across the strings without any friction. i NEVER noticed my jazz III's having ANY friction until i compared one back and forth with the redbear. probably not for everyone but if you have a very discerning taste for tone and feel, id get one. worst case scenario-youre out 20 bucks

just my 2 cents :)

Yep, picksAndStones.com and Obbligato are the same way. You don't know what you're missing until you try them. I used jazz-sized Dunlops for 6 years and loved them. Ignorance is bliss, but then everyone also has different preferences. For me it's night and day though. If I had to use a cheap pick, it would be a cheap jazz or large pointy pick.

I know this is an old thread, but I've pretty much settled on the Bluechip or Ultex jazz picks. The Redbears sound the best but they wear too quickly. The Bluechips dont wear at all and they feel and sound great.

I have a red bear pick. I won't be getting any more and I think they are a waste of money. To me, they don't sound or feel as good as carbon fibre jazz 3s or Eric Johnson jazz 3s, which also happen to cost around a dollar. As far as boutique picks go, I'm a big fan of wegen picks when I want a smoother tone, and also gravity picks with their master finish when I want a more aggressive tone. Red bears sound boring by comparison. Also, the dude who runs red bear isn't a very nice guy, to put it politely :frog:

I know this is an old thread, but I've pretty much settled on the Bluechip or Ultex jazz picks. The Redbears sound the best but they wear too quickly. The Bluechips dont wear at all and they feel and sound great.

+1000 for bluechips. I pick really hard and I play a lot, and I used the same pick from February to August...and I only stopped using it because I gave mine to someone.

Reactions: kag
Yep, picksAndStones.com and Obbligato are the same way. You don't know what you're missing until you try them. I used jazz-sized Dunlops for 6 years and loved them. Ignorance is bliss, but then everyone also has different preferences. For me it's night and day though. If I had to use a cheap pick, it would be a cheap jazz or large pointy pick.

Product Details

???????????????????

That is steep, though a lot of the other bluechips go for 35. If you don't lose picks, it's worth it. They're great Christmas presents from the wife too!

My little girl (almost 3) loves to mess with my guitar picks, along with the knobs on my amps. She now has her own pile of picks (lots of colors) near mine so I don't end up missing my Bluechip, etc. I tend to prefer the EJ's and JP Jazz picks these days.. but I have a variety for varying sounds, etc.

My daughter (2) likes to steal my picks too if I leave them around. The bluechip doesn't leave the gig bag for this reason

Best feel and tone ever. Been using them for around 5 years. And the one I use the most has been used for around three years. I have the pick-care kit, and I've maintained the bevels when needed. I use GypsyJazz thickness and mainly the BigJazzer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price is really driven home when you realize you have nearly $200 worth of guitar picks right there.

Loved mine, but after I lost one I realized the only argument I needed against them. Too high a replacement cost for something so easy to lose.

yeah, $20 a pick is kind of crazy when regular picks work just fine. I did try V-picks once and loved the feel but couldn't stand the horrible chirp they give off... the was my one and only try at expensive picks.

yeah- at $75 a pick I'd rather slaughter a real live tortoise.

I can't even find a pick when I need one- and I buy 120 dozen at a time- if i had a few expensive one's i'd be lost.

425587_4524436943208_1216171322_n.jpg

Have used, do like them.
But depending on what I am doing I use different gauges. So I could go broke real fast if I was to use all Red Bear.
Putting that aside what turned me off to them was the time it took to get a order.
Last time took 5 months, 3 months average.

John

Back
Top Bottom