Recto2 Red Modern - notes in high frets doesn't sustain long enough

Woo Hee Han

Hi guys
First of all, my English might be uncomfortable for natives, sorry about that.

I really like DT and need to copy songs in album TOT
Have gone through some searching in this forum, and got pretty satisfied result with Recto2 red modern, only in playing riffs.

But in soloing, esp in high frets
I think sustain is not long enough. I can't describe this clearly, but it's like almost stifling sound.

I tried multi-band compressor after cab block, but doesn't work, only tones become higher and thinner.
Dynamicompressor before amp block also not helping.

WHAT can I do? Help me guys

Guita is JP6 BFR, Other parameters are like this :
Output EQ 8 band 6.3 / 4.8 / -2.1 / -7.1 / -4.4 / 1.7 / 5.2 / 6.4
Input drive 4.5, Bass/Mid/Treb 2.4/2.8/3.5, Presence 5.9, Master vol 8
Blocks : Input - Comp - FET Boost drive (drive 6.0) - Amp - Cab (ML TR57B, ML TR421A) - VolPan & Delay (7ms) - M-comp - Enhance - Out

Do other amp models sustain longer for you?

It could be guitar setup, low volume and no feedback into the guitar, many things.

@2112 Leon has a video demonstrating the use of a pitch follower attached to a parameter so that the effect only comes on for the higher notes. Maybe this could be tied to the amp's gain control to increase gain and sustain for the higher notes?

Do other amp models sustain longer for you?

It could be guitar setup, low volume and no feedback into the guitar, many things.

Others do not.
I made quite similar tone with USA lead, it just sounds normal on higher notes.
Just to make sure, other blocks, guitar setups are in exactly same condition (btw USA lead and Recto2 red mdrn)
I can sure that because I copied that preset to another number, only change the amps to USA lead

Last edited:
I've had several Dual Recs, both 2 and 3 channels. They all did this. It seemed like there was a low boost going on before it hit the distortion or something to fatten up the sound, so the lower notes were always more distorted than the higher ones. That's probably one of the reasons so many people use TS pedals with them- to lower some of the lows and boost the mids/highs before hitting the amp

Don't you think I EVER consider the volume?
Master volume, Brightness, Tone, EQ setting, High cut, Threshold for high freq, etc etc etc...
Tweaking those parameters were not helpful.
I think he means actual volume in the room. Sustain for guitars traditionally comes from a loud speaker in the room causing slight feedback. This is usually the reason for “lack of sustain compared to my real amps.”

I think he means actual volume in the room. Sustain for guitars traditionally comes from a loud speaker in the room causing slight feedback. This is usually the reason for “lack of sustain compared to my real amps.”
Bingo.

Don't you think I EVER consider the volume?
Master volume, Brightness, Tone, EQ setting, High cut, Threshold for high freq, etc etc etc...
Tweaking those parameters were not helpful.

Volume as in turn up the volume of your amplifier, power amp, frfr, or whatever you use...geeze.

I’ve found pickups too close to the string cause this for one thing . Backing them off some will many times even out the attack vs sustain issue on the higher frets.

Problem solved!
Thanks to richardt4520, change drive block before amp block (FET boost to high freq boost)
And thanks to all users kindly reply my stupid question.
KEEP SHRED!

Glad to help, man! I always had that issue with real rectos, along with SLOs which it's based on. Low notes distort more than the highs on those amps, so if you lower the gain to get a tight crunch on the low notes, the high notes didn't have enough gain to sing. :)

Back
Top Bottom