Recto tone test - preset added

Cheers mate! I set it around 7.5. The orange mode on the rectos is very underrated too.

Yeah, orange modern mode just sounds really pissed off. Makes me feel like throwing a bunch of reverb and delay on and playing Devin Townsend riffs from Ocean Machine.

Thanks for the CF Hardness tip, I'll give a go tomorrow.

The CF hardness adjustments on this preset (at 7.5) make a HUGE diff for the better IMO...one of the nicest high gain tones I’ve gotten (with the suggested ML IR s). Cheers.

Yeah, orange modern mode just sounds really pissed off. Makes me feel like throwing a bunch of reverb and delay on and playing Devin Townsend riffs from Ocean Machine.

Thanks for the CF Hardness tip, I'll give a go tomorrow.

I just tweaked the low freq parameter in my Recto patch and enjoyed how it tightened up the low end. Try increasing the Q for even more focus.

Sounds great, thanks for the clips and preset. It's funny, I had a triple rec back in the day but I have absolutely no memory of what it sounded like or even if I liked it or not. Now that is rock and roll.

Btw, the rag doll songs are really growing on me. I've been listening to the full albums on YouTube while I work. And I don't like anything new (new to me is anything beyond the 80's). If the music industry wasn't broken from iPhones and Internet, Leon would probly have a Lamborghini with a hot tub in it by now.

Thanks again for posting this. I'll be buying those cab packs but meanwhile it sounds great with the York Audio Bipolar Producer mixes. Stellar preset!

Last edited:
I just tweaked the low freq parameter in my Recto patch and enjoyed how it tightened up the low end. Try increasing the Q for even more focus.

Cheers for the info.
I'll give it a try, might go through my Fryette and Friedman presets and see what happens too.

Sounds great, thanks for the clips and preset. It's funny, I had a triple rec back in the day but I have absolutely no memory of what it sounded like or even if I liked it or not. Now that is rock and roll.

Btw, the rag doll songs are really growing on me. I've been listening to the full albums on YouTube while I work. And I don't like anything new (new to me is anything beyond the 80's). If the music industry wasn't broken from iPhones and Internet, Leon would probly have a Lamborghini with a hot tub in it by now.

Cheers.

Yeah I'm really enjoying what I've heard from Rag Doll, going to buy an album and crank it in the car.
Every element seems to work so well.
The tones, the riffs and song structure, and the singer is pretty amazing too.
Got the full package going and it' aa really nice balance between oldschool and modern heavy rock.
So good.

Thanks again for posting this. I'll be buying those cab packs but meanwhile it sounds great with the York Audio Bipolar Producer mixes. Stellar preset!

My pleasure, I'm glad people are having fun with the preset. Nice to know it seems to translate well with other cabs too. I might go through some other IRs for fun to see how it through different cabs in my library.

So I finally got the chance to try out the CF Hardness on 7.5 and I like it.

I've gone back and applied these little tweaks to my other favourite amps, might do an amp shoot out week at some point.

Cheers.

Yeah I'm really enjoying what I've heard from Rag Doll, going to buy an album and crank it in the car.
Every element seems to work so well.
The tones, the riffs and song structure, and the singer is pretty amazing too.
Got the full package going and it' aa really nice balance between oldschool and modern heavy rock.
So good.
Awesome, let me know how you like it! Try not to get any speeding tickets though :p

Awesome, let me know how you like it! Try not to get any speeding tickets though :p

That might be a problem.
I have the be very careful listening to Helmet in the car, it's very easy to push the accelerator listening to Meantime.

Good tunes can be a driving risk.

b48a13fc89d4e22c911ce962268db53ed8b18aea617671f78d2672ee3d42dbb6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom