Recto tone test - preset added

shaunb

Experienced

Just a quick test trying out some new tricks with the Recto amps in the AxeFXII XL+.

Amps: Recto1 Red & Recto2 Org Modern for the main rhythms and Recto2 Red in some parts too.
IRs: ML Zilla All Mix and ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01 (Cab Pack 20)

EDIT: preset added for anyone who wants to have a look, it's pretty straight forward but with a couple of tweaks I've learned from a few Fractal Forum legends.

Attachments

• Recto Q9 SB.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Great sound Shaun !!!
What kind of tricks ?
:D
Thanks.
I always used to run the master volume at 3 or 3.5 but saw a vid by Leon Todd @2112 which made me want to revisit Rectos. He commented that he runs the master volume down at around 2 which worked wonders getting rid of the flub.

Also reading through a conversation Mikko Logren @ML SOUND LAB had with someone about playing with the Low Res Frequency in the speaker tab or the amp block. I dropped it to 85Hz to remove a little more flub.

And a while back a guy told me he bumps up the input trim to 2 on all his higher gain presets and it works great for me too. I've been going back and adjusting all my heavier presets this way lately.

I'll add the preset if you like.

Sounds great. Did you track the Rectos separately or combine them 2 amps one patch?
Thank mate.
I tracked them separately.
I made four different amps all dialed in the same way then tracked one of each to see how they mix and match.
Originally I was going to use Recto1 Red and Recto2 Red but swapped out the 2 for a Recto2 Org Mdrn which gave the mix a little more attitude.

Last edited:
That’s the closest clip I’ve heard that sounds like my real Triple Recto !

Can’t wait to try the preset.

Thank you.

Cheers everyone.

Thanks!!! This preset sounds amazing!
That’s the closest clip I’ve heard that sounds like my real Triple Recto !

Can’t wait to try the preset.

Thank you.

Have fun with it, hopefully the preset works for you guys.

@Gregmang I still have my Rev G Dual Rectifier and I've always struggled to get close on the AxeFX but I'm pretty happy with this preset.
I'm glad to hear it's close to your Triple, that's awesome.

Last edited:

Thanks Leon.
Your tone on the Rewind Your Mind playthrough is awesome. The song kicks ass too, I've had it stuck in my head all day. Kind of reminds me of early Alice In Chains mixed with Army Of Anyone and a bit of Filter Title Of Record era. Might have to buy the album as a little treat to myself.

Cheers for the master volume tip.
I meant to play with the preamp hardness like you mentioned, do you remember roughly where you set it?

Cheers.

Man, this clip sounds killer, attitude is the word, big thanks for the preset!

Lo Res Frequency in the speaker page is a must visit for higain.

I take note of your tricks, we are doing a big building bit by bit!

Last edited:
Man, this clip sounds killer, attitude is the word, big thanks for the preset!

Lo Res Frequency in the speaker page is a must visit for higain.

I take note of your tricks, we are doing a big building bit by bit!
Cheers mate.

You'e spot on, attitude was the thing I liked about this one. I wasn't crazy about the tone in isolation initially but tracking the riffs felt so good and the guitars have a snarl in the mix. Great fun.

Happy building, rock it.

Last edited:
Yeah I love this "last time decisions", to change Recto2 Red for Recto2 Org Mdrn proves that you use your ears and you are facing the whole mix with open mind.

Thanks Leon.
I meant to play with the preamp hardness like you mentioned, do you remember roughly where you set it?

You're talking about "Rewind your Mind" preset, right? Leon raised Preamp CF hardness to 7.50 following Cliff's advice:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/recommended-adjustment.133602/#post-1579389

Take this as a starting point and don't be afraid to experiment!

Yeah I love this "last time decisions", to change Recto2 Red for Recto2 Org Mdrn proves that you use your ears and you are facing the whole mix with open mind.

You're talking about "Rewind your Mind" preset, right? Leon raised Preamp CF hardness to 7.50 following Cliff's advice:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/recommended-adjustment.133602/#post-1579389

Take this as a starting point and don't be afraid to experiment!

Thanks heaps for the Preamp CF Hardness link, that's exactly what I was referring to and I was interested to check it out.
You rock.

And you're right, it's definitely about using your ears.
When I bought the AxeFXII I tried to replicate my tube amps but that was just for fun. There are so many killer amps in the little black box to try. So much fun to have.

Thanks Leon.
Your tone on the Rewind Your Mind playthrough is awesome. The song kicks ass too, I've had it stuck in my head all day. Kind of reminds me of early Alice In Chains mixed with Army Of Anyone and a bit of Filter Title Of Record era. Might have to buy the album as a little treat to myself.

Cheers for the master volume tip.

Cheers.

Cheers mate! I set it around 7.5. The orange mode on the rectos is very underrated too.

Back
Top Bottom