Recto New Orange KUDOS

gwertman

I've just gotta say, in 4CM A/B comparisons and at similar settings, the Recto New Orange sounds VERY close to LD1 Red on my Triaxis v2... NICE JOB FRACTAL!!!
Signal chain is Agile PRS knockoff with Bill Lawrence L500s -> Axe II - Amp block - FXloop Block - Cab block (Recto RW I think) -> Atomic Active Cab. I'm pretty sure that chain isn't hedging things... of course the Triaxis doesn't do any power amp modeling so there's an extra ingredient that the Axe II has... but it's nice to know I can now put the Triaxis in storage. \m/

Ok - back to work now... :)

Just saw these replies... apparently I forgot to enable the email letmeknow thingy ;)
My Triaxis has the Recto board but I don't know about the phat mod... Any quick way to check?
Also, I was using it with the power amp sim off as that made it ugly through my Atomic. Honestly, PAS makes everything ugly through the Atomic. I much prefer straight preamp sim when using the Atomic powered cab.. but for recording PAS is necessary!!
Oh - one more thing - the Recto Orange is actually closer to the Triaxis - took me a few days to notice that though. And my Triaxis is old so with the resistors and circuitry in 'drift' I had to change the sim's bright cap, tone stack location and noodle with some other settings but it's dead on. As I don't own an actual Recto I have nothing else to go by.
Next thing I want to nail down is the Mesa Quad. Yes, my buddy has one. I sold mine :(

I used to have a Quad. Channel 1 is essentially the IIC+ preamp and channel 2 is essentially the MKIII's preamp. Easily attainable with the IIC+ or even the MKIV model in the Axe II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually I'm still struggling with the MOP thing... Yes, the Quad (MarkIIC+) does so much more but tonight it's a Harvester of Sorrow kind of night. Attached is what I've got right now... with a Recto on Y config for fun.

Attachments

• MOP Rough.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
One other thing I wanted to add. When I create patches at home on my Sony Power amp / Paradigm Titan speakers they sound brittle and thin on the Atomic so this patch might be dark to you.

The Recto New Orange is the best recto sim I ever heard.
I've owned triple rectifier and still have Triaxis 2.0 (recto), this new orange is even better than original! (how's that even possible =)

I just got my AXE-FX II recently and am running it through my studio monitors for now, and that Preset is the one I've been using. It's definitely my favorite. I turned it up LOUD yesterday and it sounded amazing.

I can't wait to incorporate the unit into my live rig. Trying to do it in time for my bands upcoming tour.

I've still gotta say however that the amps in the Axe II do not sound right with the PA sim on. It's really odd. And that's through an Atomic.. it's like the PA sim sucks all the beef out of the amps and hollows them out. For the life of me I don't understand why but at least I can live with it. :)

That's crazy talk man.
I know it is... but I can't understand why I keep getting lost in the live mix when I'm using the amp sims. And I"m not monkeying with the amp's settings - they're just too 'hi-fi' for lack of a better word. What kind of rig do you use live? An FRFR? Care to share a patch that you believe sounds good? I'd like to see if I'm doing something wrong.
-g

I use Atomics as well. At the moment I don't have the ability to share a preset. I'll try to remember to share it tomorrow.

just a quick update - I blended 2 identical amps together last night for practice. One had the PA sim and one didn't. The mix was 60/40 with the PA sim amp lower. Sounded damn good.

Back
Top Bottom