Recto New clip

It's really funny that Mesa amps sound better with Marshall cabs, and vice versa. IMO of course. Very American-million-dollar-budget type of big sound. Like it!

Wow, I really like that.

You are setting yourself up for a tweak thread man. You are teaching me a helluva lot about how to create/dial in heavier tones. Can't thank you enough for sharing your settings and these clips.

RAWK!

Thanks for sharing! Your clips and youtube vids were a big factor in me buying the AxeFx. From the low gain stuff to this, you sure know how to dial up some good tones.

I just love the fact that it sounds so different to my setup. I got nailbombs on my rg1570, but your tone is so much darker. Just goes to show how big difference different guitars do.

Really great tones here and the playing is awesome too! This clip and patch has sent me back to the drawingboard on my tones (again!) as well as investing more time in the stock cabs. Thanks :)

Scott Peterson said:
Wow, I really like that.

You are setting yourself up for a tweak thread man. You are teaching me a helluva lot about how to create/dial in heavier tones. Can't thank you enough for sharing your settings and these clips.

RAWK!

The best bit about this patch is that it's pretty much default values on the amps! Drive is lower due to the crank'd TS in the front add the brit 4x12 and there you have it!

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I keep going back to the Brit 4x12 because most of the other 4x12 cabs get a little too boomy for me. I like the basic sound of say the Cali 4x12 or German 4x12, my next goal is to use them but with a parametric EQ to tame some of the boominess. Para EQ is tricky for me, I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Clip sounded great! Can't wait to try that patch. Every now and then I miss my Triple Rec even though I didn't use it that much. I've been wanting to dial in a patch for when I get that itch. Your clip sounds like the real deal to me. Looking forward to it and thanks for posting!

D

cardinal of crunk said:
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I keep going back to the Brit 4x12 because most of the other 4x12 cabs get a little too boomy for me. I like the basic sound of say the Cali 4x12 or German 4x12, my next goal is to use them but with a parametric EQ to tame some of the boominess. Para EQ is tricky for me, I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
Radley on the forum here started a thread on using the parametric EQ for doing pretty much exactly what you're talking about. Check this out: http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12374&start=0

cardinal of crunk said:
German's my fave too, but in my setup it needs about a -6dB notch in the parametric at exactly 125 Hz. Set the 1 and 5 bands to Radley's blockers and it's set.

Back
Top Bottom