Recreating Metallica's Kill 'Em All tone

MaxP

Hi!

Has anyone had any luck recreating Metallica's Kill 'Em All tone? I know they used a modded Marshall 1959SLP and a Pro Co RAT both for James' and Kirk's parts, but it's impossible to recreate their sound just based on that information.

I haven't really had any luck with the other classic Marshall models either. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There have been some presets that got really close I thought. For the Axe 2 as I recall but you can convert of course. Check Axechange and search on the preset subforum of this site of course as you should always do. Some were commercial I believe.

There have been some presets that got really close I thought. For the Axe 2 as I recall but you can convert of course. Check Axechange and search on the preset subforum of this site of course as you should always do. Some were commercial I believe.

They likely won't sound the same since the Axe-Fx III is using different firmware.

Maybe - I find some axe2 presets translate pretty well and some don't. It's a starting point anyway. But agree tonematching is a good suggestion.

Hi!

Has anyone had any luck recreating Metallica's Kill 'Em All tone? I know they used a modded Marshall 1959SLP and a Pro Co RAT both for James' and Kirk's parts, but it's impossible to recreate their sound just based on that information.

I haven't really had any luck with the other classic Marshall models either. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm confused, this post is literally a copy and past of a post from another member https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/metallicas-kill-em-all-tone.153339/

Back
Top Bottom