Recreating John Mayer’s Continuum Rig!

already commented on your YouTube channel, but I went thru and set up this preset and it sounds great and I don't even care about nailing the Continuum tones. All around great tones that sound excellent with a Strat. Thank you again for sharing it.

already commented on your YouTube channel, but I went thru and set up this preset and it sounds great and I don't even care about nailing the Continuum tones. All around great tones that sound excellent with a Strat. Thank you again for sharing it.
So glad you like it and it works for you! Kind of the premise behind my whole channel…helping people in their guitar journey.

I saw that your posted the Axe version of the preset, so I was wondering if you would be willing to post the FM3 version here as well?

Thx!
J

I saw that your posted the Axe version of the preset, so I was wondering if you would be willing to post the FM3 version here as well?

Thx!
J
Sorry, they’re both FM3. I just wanted to offer it to axe iii people too! So if you watch the video or download the preset it’s going to work on your FM3.

I made some tweaks to it to make it a preset I'm gonna use pretty regularly. The "Clean" scene is really nice, one of the best clean tone layouts I've used. I'm never gonna use the POG or envelope effect or virtual capo, so I dropped them. I also brought up scenes 2 and 3 just a bit in output volume for live use. I added a few effects that I always use, but the core tones of each scene comes from the video. And I always add an output 2 block before the cab block so I can run the preset into a power amp and guitar cab (with an eq block to tweak for different speakers and cabs).

I made some tweaks to it to make it a preset I'm gonna use pretty regularly. The "Clean" scene is really nice, one of the best clean tone layouts I've used. I'm never gonna use the POG or envelope effect or virtual capo, so I dropped them. I also brought up scenes 2 and 3 just a bit in output volume for live use. I added a few effects that I always use, but the core tones of each scene comes from the video. And I always add an output 2 block before the cab block so I can run the preset into a power amp and guitar cab (with an eq block to tweak for different speakers and cabs).
So glad you dig it!

Kick ass, brother! Thanks for this channel and all your other content on YT!
Of course! Glad you like it. Whole reason why I started the channel. Thank you for supporting it! Maybe Fractal wouldn’t mind sending over an axe iii so I can make some stereo amp rigs😏

@jkaneshiro23 I uploaded a video of my tweaks I did with your preset to run it into my ps100 and into a 1x12 guitar cab. I included a card link to your video. This has become my main preset for the large majority of my gigs, thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom